Thread: posting into multiple forum areas

Default posting into multiple forum areas

Hi,

Is there a way to make one posting appear in more than one forum discussion area?

For example - today I posted a Chris Thile concert notice in the General Discussion area. Then I thought it might be good for the classical group to see it. So I went into the Classical area and posted a link to my original posting. This seems too cumbersome and inefficient. It creates two separate discussion areas for the same thing.

It would be great to have the postings themselves as entities that can be linked into the discussion areas rather than hard-posted. This way all discussion related to the post could exist in one place only. Maybe this has to be a fundamental feature of the forum software itself.

Thanks
    Avi

Blog Entries

Default Re: posting into multiple forum areas

Only manually, but doing so will result in us either removing duplicates or combining threads into one.

Multiple postings of one piece of information by one individual is not conducive to a healthy public forum. Doing so clutters the space and will annoy many members and guests. There are more ways to access what's new than just going into one forum and looking at the posts only within the Classical or Bluegrass area by example. There is the New Posts link at the top of the page, the Today's Posts link within the Quick Links and then the current ten most recent posts that many visitors access from the front page of the site in the Happening Now... area. If multiple postings are made all three of those heavily used resources will reflect them all in a row.

Besides, concert notices should be published in the Calendar.
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

Thanks Scott,

Got it
    Avi

This pretty much answers a question that I have as well.

Today I am going to post a reply to a "help with ..." request that another member first put in the song and tunes projects forum and then again in the bluegrass/gospel forum to try to get more response.

I guess I will just copy and paste my post in both places and let you guys decide where to keep it. It may not really matter at all.

Thanks!