Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Default Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Thanks Rob. I expected a lot from everyone's enthusiasm and it exceeded expectations. A great deal of incredibly useful information every mandohead should have.

ROB. wow thanks nice work

Thanks, all. If you request the ebook between now and the first week of August I am going to be out of town in isolated places where Internet access is unpredictable. It may take a few days or so for me to respond to your requests. Have patience!

Rob

Just got it, Rob! Looks great! Thanks, so much!!!

Thanks for the book. Great information to have.

Thanks so much Rob! I am still waiting for my first mando to arrive but i will definitely be using this great resource in the near future.

Want to thank Rob for emailing me a copy of his eBook, I received it very quickly and from what I have read so far I should be able to understand it and get a better sound from my mandolin. Thanks again Rob🙌

I got my copy of the eBook this week and am really looking forward to using it. I built both of my mandolins before ever even playing a mandolin (odd order, yes I know), so I didn't really have a baseline what is "right". Consequently, I'm sure there are many improvements to be had. While I have already done some work with the intonation by moving the bridge, I believe there is still much I can do with the action. One of the two mandolins has become my preferred to play by luck-of-the-draw on string height, so it will be good to make improvement on both in that aspect. Thanks Rob!

Hi all, I just got the ebook of Rob, it's great, very informative, especially since I'm new to the building and repair, side of mandolining, robs a top bloke I had a small trouble (the 1 in a million) loading the page, and he was SUPER helpful, and helped me sort the issue, (I just had too many files open)
    Thanks Rob your tops

I received the e-book from Rob this weekend; wow, what a wonderful job he did on the book.

I'll be picking up my mandolin next month and cannot wait to jump in on the setup process.

Thanks, Rob.

Many thanks for Your work. I begun the setup without Your book, why I havn´t know it. When I read Your Instructions, I have done some more I had not done. My Mandolin now has an action of 1,1 mm at the 12th fret against 2,3mm before. I was frusretet and now I´m happy to play this Washburn MW3 SWK (used from eBay). Thank You (excuse please my bad English)
    Bernhard

Thanks Rob.
    A great book!

Wow, what an amazing book. I emailed Rob yesterday evening and when I woke up this morning I had the book in my inbox.

I bought an inexpensive student mandolin to learn on, and paid $75 to have it set up by the store that sold it to me. It has all sorts of issues, and even a quick scan of the book and a quick look at my instrument shows me that some of the basic stuff Rob talks about hasn't been done.

I'm at the cottage right now, but when I get back to Toronto tomorrow and can get my hands on the tools required to do the setup properly, I'll be all over it.

Thanks, Rob - it's hard to believe that this book is free!

Thank you, Rob. Very helpful book!!
    Los Hermanos Cubero
    Youtube Channel
    Cubero's Facebook
    My Facebook
    Instagram:
    @hermanos_cubero
    @robertocubero_

My first post here on the Forum and I wish to give a BIG thank you to Rob for his very generous ebook set-up guide .
    My new mandolins and recommended tools are ordered and in transit .
    This looks like a Great Site with Tons of useful info and I am happy to be here .

I just received mine a few days ago. Thanks so much for your work and kind offer.

Thanks Rob very informative, just need to build my mandolin now!

Cheers, Bob

Thanks for the Ebook, Rob. This is great, very thorough and hands-on and lots of tips that I haven't read anywhere else so far. Thanks for sharing your experience - for free.

I received my ebook last night. Thank you so much for freely sharing your knowledge by distributing your book at no charge. Kudos to you Rob,

Regards,
    Bill

Tks Rob

I recd the book yesterday and have started to work through it. It is very well done. Thanks for sharing.

Thumbs up Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Thanks for this very useful and easy to read compilation of your practical knowledge of making adjustments to the mandolin. I would have never thought of making your own nut-cutting tools out of feeler-gauges. I checked the setup on my Kentucky KM-140 using your recommendations and (thankfully) found it to be pretty close to tolerance. Close enough to not want to change anything, that is. I learned the importance of checking the setup of a stringed instrument from a time when I purchased an electric guitar from an internet musical supply company. I didn't want to put a lot of money in it because I didn't know how much use it would be getting. Fortunately for me, the manufacturer had some very good setup instructions on their website. I found that I really enjoyed taking the measurements and making the adjustments to the saddle(s) to get the proper intonation and action as well as adjusting the relief with the truss-rod. Thanks again for the ebook.
    Ragmop

Thumbs up Re: Mandolin Set-up E-Book by Rob Meldrum

Quote Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Bill View Post
    Great tool to have. Free to Mandolin Cafe Members. While I'm a relative newbie, this e-book is very informative and would serve well all but the most experienced in getting the best out of your mandolin.

Thank you for a wonderful free ebook on setting up a mandolin...Ajay

The e-book was in my inbox this morning. Took a quick look--lots of great information. I look forward to reading it closely.

Thanks Rob!
    Russ Jordan

Thank you to Rob for sending me a very quick reply and writing such am indepth book. Now I can setup my own mandolins with out worry of finding a shop as I live in the high desert.

I highly recommend you get your own copy ASAP!
    Waterloo WL-M

Blues Mando Social Group - member

I've just been using this wonderful guide to help me set up a no name mandola. The difference is remarkable, this together with the videos is a wonderful resource to anybody dealing with these instruments. It gave the confidence to do work on the instrument that I normally wouldn't have felt comfortable doing myself.

Rob is to be congratulated on this great book.

regards
    adam