Thread: What song?

Question What song?

I don't know how to add videos into threads, but I found this youtube clip and love the tune that his guy is playing ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCiJCAiszO4

It's a tenor guitar so I'm assuming a CGDA tuning in C major? I'm guessing he might have made it up, but the comments are mostly in spanish. Is this a song that anyone knows? Could someone help me figure out the music for it to learn/play it? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you!

Blog Entries

Default Re: What song?

I am not sure I hear a tune in there. Its beautiful, but I don't hear anything recognizable. Sounds like noodles agglutinated into a tune and memorized.

Someone is going to reveal me to be hopelessly ignorant.

Beautiful arrangement though.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Blog Entries

To add a video you copy just the video identifier part of the url (part after the = sign) from Youtube, in this case it's the last part HCiJCAiszO4. You click the Youtube button and past that identifier in.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

It's nice, I recently discovered that if you can open YT videos in html5 there are options to slow down/speed up the videos. There's enough there to watch him play slowly and pick it up. When there are parts you just can't get make up your own. Not sure what tuning he's in.

You could always email the guitar place that posted the video or the guy himself as he seems to be a well known artist according to the comments.
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

5. The following members say thank you to bigskygirl for this post:

Thanks for the responses. My original thought was that it was a tune he made up while noodling on the guitar as well. But, wasn't sure. I will try to slow it down .... did not know YT had that function.
    Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you!

He has a YT channel, a very nice player mostly 8 string so he must be from the classical world. Dang, I might have to add this to my rotation of things to figure out.

Was off looking for the link to the html, not sure it works on the iPhone/iPad but it works on my old Mac and chrome computers.

https://www.youtube.com/html5
    Northfield F5M #268, AT02 #7

Quote Originally Posted by JeffD View Post
    I am not sure I hear a tune in there. Its beautiful, but I don't hear anything recognizable. Sounds like noodles agglutinated into a tune and memorized....
    "Agglutinated" LOL. A little olive oil will unstick them...
    This sounds like many Windham Hill new age guitar instrumentals. Very nice playing.

Blog Entries

I do like it. Its not the kind of thing I prefer, but I do like it. Its like a marble in a bowl, rolling here and there and up and down and across, but it never goes anywhere.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....