Thread: New tune book

Default New tune book

Just curious if anyone has seen this: "Folk Songs For Mandolin: Sing, Strum and Pick Along," by Bobby Westfall. It's relatively new. Sounds like it would have lyrics and chords, but I'm wondering if it has any mando TAB...
    Collings MT0
    Morgan Monroe MVA-1

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy."

Default Re: New tune book

In saw 3 on ebay and one states "Standard notation, tablature, chord symbols, lyrics", but with only 71 pages for 40 something songs it must be minimal tablature if at all. Looks nice for the price though.
    Live Full, Love Deep

Pittsburgh Bill
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fretsman View Post
    In saw 3 on ebay and one states "Standard notation, tablature, chord symbols, lyrics", but with only 71 pages for 40 something songs it must be minimal tablature if at all. Looks nice for the price though.
    I have the book and think it is well written. Many of the "folk" songs lean towards "bluegrass" or "Old Time".
    Has tablature. Not certain how minimal the tablature is as I don't use it.
    It is well worth the price and with so few published books that are not "bluegrass" or "Old Time", I don't think you would regret the purchase.

I just got that from my public library. Mostly it just provides a simple version of the melody. It is well printed and easy to read.