Thread: using an android tablet for music book

Default using an android tablet for music book

hoping to find the right app (to replace my giant books of lyrics/music) for my android tablet.....or at least create a file of pdf, or other better format for flipping to songs that are not commited to memory....I could easily do it with word docs on a reg laptop, but need to be able to transfer the files to the tab and organize them and potentially create setlists for each show.....I know it can be done, I just am new to the tablet thing and usually create everything in Word and print it out for my books....now I would like to take those existing files and transfer them....so far the apps I have read reviews of are not that impressive......and I'm looking for some real world experience to get me pointed in the right direction....

Default Re: using an android tablet for music book

I'm an iPad user, but found that this may be your best bet: http://www.zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/. I don't know much about it, but if it works with the bt105 page turning pedals it can't be all bad.

Have you looked at Documents To Go? It works with .doc files.

I think your tablet already has Polaris Office. It works with .doc files, I have it on my Galaxy II phone and have my songs downloaded.

Joe

Thanks guys......Im going to start with the mobile sheets....seems like a solid app that should do everything I need....and its nice that there is a free version to start with(so many apps are junk and you dont know it till you have spent the money)
    Im sure that this will be very time consuming for a while till I get my library formed.....anyone used Mobile Sheets long enough to give a real world review? Ill give some feedback after I have had a chance to really use it for a while.....

I'm not an android user, but do use iPad. I like PDF files as they are transferable between devices.
    -----------
    Pete Martin
    www.PeteMartin.info
    Jazz and Bluegrass instruction books, videos, articles, transcriptions, improvisation, ergonomics, free recordings, private lessons

www.WoodAndStringsBand.com
    Jazz trio

www.AppleValleyWranglers.net
    Western Swing music

I tried this but went back to paper in a spiral noebook.

Its hard to find an ap that allows a whole song on one page in font large enough to read. its too much to be scrolling pages when trying to play live. I noticed Elton John had his music on two large tab screens side by side on his piano---the whole song at once. Probably costs a fortune and I'm sure he had a live page turner anyway. Then again, he's Elton John.

Please share if you find one that works.

double post

the zubersoft/mobile sheets seems to be working great so far...loaded about 10 songs in pdf form today...........,
    and a larger screen would be nice, but they do make foot controled bluetooth scroll page turn that works with it too...

I will be working on this for a long time and I will report the pros/cons.....