Thread: New Loar A220 vs.

Default New Loar A220 vs.

I've been shopping for a decent mando to hold me over until I can figure out what I want on a custom for a while, i've tried a few dozen sub 2k A's and F's in the past few months and the Loar A styles have always impressed me for the money... especially the chunky necks and beefy frets that I do so well with. I've tried the 300 and 400 series as well but the understated look of the 220 appeals to me a bit more. I really love the looks of this one, I ordered it blindly after playing a couple in stores and I couldn't be happier.

I've lurked here for a few years and this is the first time i've had anything remotely worth sharing. Here's to continuing musical growth and happiness all!

Default Re: New Loar A220 vs.

Photobucket is being a paint, the other pictures will have to wait for a while

Nice one. How does it play?

Do you know what kind of tuners are on it? Do you have a pic of the back of the headstock? I am trying to find the stock tuners for mine.
    Since photobucket changed their website it has been a Royal pain.
    Gene Gene the Dancing Machine

2010 Gibson Les Paul Trad Plus.
    2005 Epiphone Sheraton II Heavy Mod with Bigsby
    1995 SAMICK ACOUSTIC GUITAR LW-015
    2011 THE LOAR LM-220-VS

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Train View Post

Do you know what kind of tuners are on it? Do you have a pic of the back of the headstock? I am trying to find the stock tuners for mine.

Thanks!

It plays wonderfully, the stock tuners aren't horrible so I will keep them on for a while. I'll take a picture and post it when photobucket decides to play nice.

Welcome Hammer........I have The Loar LM220-VS & I LOVE this mando........has a rich sound, easy playability & clear as a bell up & down the neck. I too love the wide nut........suits my hand size. Bottom line: the best mando for $379.00 in my humble opinion.
    Peace,
    Jim Ferguson

Kentucky KM1000

~Give Blood-Play Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by Mule Train View Post

You can see a shot of the back of the headstock here: http://www.acousticvibesmusic.com/ca...oducts_id=1611

Looks like the same worm-over Gotohs that came on my older LM400 a while back. Unless you're really interested in getting the same one, a set of Grovers 309 will do just fine.

Why do you need Photobucket? You post your photos straight to the Mandolin Cafe.
    Bill Snyder