I went back and grabbed that other mandolin today.
Thx for helping me with the sunfish mandolin.
i hoped not to ask so many questions of you and attempted google searches on this mandolin but came up with absolute zero. not even a mention.
if you good folks could help me with this one, that'd be awesome, i am quite fond of i already.
1. says 'ramango' 'luthier" 1936, new york, e. 22nd st. on label inside
2. headstock is not cracked all around the back, its a compartment to the tuners.
3. ther pickguard was 'embossed' with a name i cant read now, i tried to photo it.
4. ivory tuners
5. ivory binding
6. pearl dots.
7. a 2 inch bit of binding is gone from the top side of the neck along the side, near neck joint
8. has a crack in the top but, wood is dry, that'll completely seal with moisturization, for now.
i moistened the sunfish and the cradck sealed.
9. the case is in such nice shape, green plush case.,, seems original.
10. violin carved headstock
11. nothing as far as a model # i can see anywhere
12. the scroll itself has "ramango" / "New York" embossed on the face of the head.
13. i like the wood on the back and sides, its purty.
14. i paid $50 total. is that a fair price or did I get ripped?
15. i literally can find no info at all anywhere onn this thing. can you help me?
i have 20+ photos.