Thread: Anyone playing mandolin in central Fl?

Default Anyone playing mandolin in central Fl?

I've only been at it for about three months or so, but would love to meet up with any other folks who play mandolin in the central Fl area. I have good whiskey!!!!!

Default Re: Anyone playing mandolin in central Fl?

http://www.sogbot.com/

this should get you going

Thanks. They're not TOO far away from me. Looks like some nice folks. Sent em an email, may just go out n camp one weekend.

Good luck Cracker.....I spend the winters in Lakeland Fla. and a few years ago I went to one of their outings and they took my name and said they get me up to play a few and then when they started to playing I saw a keyboard being played by a woman that had no idea what she was doing....Times might have changed by now and for your sake I hope so, I have seen them at the Auburndale festival in past years and they were the same...

If you would have posted this about two weeks ago I would have met you somewhere and we could have played a few songs but I am back in Md now....

Every Sunday there is a huge jam session gathering in Zephyerhills on Rte 301 just north of Tampa, it is held in the city park and starts about 11 AM and goes to about 4 PM....

On Thursdays at the Auburndale flea market, on Rte 92, there is a bluegrass show with about four different bands and most of them are youngsters that appear to be trying out pick each other and the sound system leaves a lot to be desired....

Hope you find something.....

Willie

Registered User SimpleAsCouldBe's Avatar

I'm in Panama City, FL, if you ever get out there. I appreciate a good whiskey!

Florida is the name given to the fret board extension after the 18th fret , the place "florida "does not actually exist

Lol^^

Well fwiw- anyone who want to see some REAL good Florida music check out my good friend Ben Prestage. Hes a real-deal one man band and plays everything EXCEPT mandolin! Also Jason "Fancypants" Miller is a darn good mando player in the New Smyrna/Edgewater area. He's given me a couple lessons, great guy I just have trouble with scheduling and the drive
    Anyhow anyone young, old, whatever- if you're in central Fl, I'd love to meet new friends. My girlfriend Roxy is waitin on the tenor guitar I bought her for her birthday... Btw- I'm Charlie.
    Willie- next time you come down, I'd love to meet up and sip some lowbush and play a few tunes.

I'm in St Augustine. Where are you?

Leesburg.

Cape Coral, FL here....Gulf Coast rather than central, originally a northerner. SW Florida seems to be culturally dead, at least as far as live music or festivals, etc.
    The Loar LM500
    Trinity College Octave
    Taylor 114ce
    Martin D12X1AE 12-string
    1980 Ovation Grand Balladeer
    Fender Stratocaster
    Piles O' Pennywhistles/Low Whistle