Carlos Aonzo, classical and bluegrass mandolinist available for Boston-area house/civic concert Saturday, 5/26

My friends are aware of notloB Folk Concerts' not-for-profit presentations at the Loring-Greenough House in JP and Unity Somerville, but may not be aware of another facet of the series. We are sometimes given opportunities to present world-class musicians for whom, due to venue non-availability or other reasons, we need to see alternative venues.

Such is the case with Carlo Aonzo. A Berklee professor has informed me Italy's most famous classical mandolinist will be in town Saturday, May 26. Carlo has a following in the bluegrass world because he's also a great player there - won the national mandolin championship in Winfield, Kansas in the 90s.

If you have a large space in your home (30+) and would be interested in hosting a house concert / sorkshop, or are affiliated with with a civic group that might be presenting him, please contact me off-list.

Carlo's website -

Jeff Boudreau
notloB Folk Concerts
Bringing folk, folk revival, folk rock, old time, bluegrass, Celtic, country blues, New England, Cape Breton and string band music to Jamaica Plain and Somerville. The series is volunteer-run and not for profit. 100% of the patron donations go to the artists and production expenses.
"In this era of pop-driven acoustic music, notloB is keeping the folk tradition alive."
~ Jack Hardy
May 23 ~ Jim Hurst @ Loring-Greenough House, JP
The concert will be preceded by a one hour group lesson, contact Jim through his website for details.