Thread: Jam Master F just showed up on eBay...

Lost my boots in transit terzinator's Avatar

Default Jam Master F just showed up on eBay...

9 days left and already 18 bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...S:US:1123#nogo

says "New Demo"... got a finish issue on the neck, but doesn't look serious.

Aside: Has Gibson finally returned to building these, or would this be from the first batch in 2009?

A Baker Family Tradition Bluegrassrules's Avatar

Default Re: Jam Master F just showed up on eBay...

It sold for $3251.51 with 46 bids. I believe the Jam Master may be becoming more sought after because it is quirky, has the second signed label by David Harvey, hand numbered and for the most part very rare as far as Gibson mandolins are concerned. I would be surprised if there are any more than 25 F models that were made.
    Cheers
    "The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and then expecting different results" (so buy a better mando) Sir Winston Churchill
    Gibson F-5 Jam Master #23

Wow, I know these dont come up often, and generally the owners like them enough want to hold onto them, but I hadn't realized that so few were made.
    Any idea how many F9s were made by comparison?
    Hereby & forthwith, any instrument with an odd number of strings shall be considered broken. With regard to mix levels, usually the best approach is treating the mandolin the same as a cowbell.

That is a good question, I am going to email David Harvey and inquire...I heard he will respond to mail and is gracious about answering questions. Keep an eye out here for the next day or two and I will post if he replies.
    Cheers
    "The definition of insanity is continuing to do the same thing over and over and then expecting different results" (so buy a better mando) Sir Winston Churchill

Hello, I posed the question, and a request to forward the question to David Harevy, to a well respected Gibson Mandolin dealer who is a member on this forum. The answer i got from him was;
    "...Lots of F9s have been made but I would imagine the Jam Master number is pretty small...............probabyl less than 50 if I was guessing...
    Hopefuly Mr. Harvey will reply as well, i will post here if I recive any more information.
    Cheers, Brian

Looks like it's back: The seller relisted it today: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130697411824

I didn't notice it the fist time around, but this one apparently has a flat fingerboard and smaller vintage style frets.

Blog Entries

Saw this one hit yesterday and had questions about it because I thought it clearly sold last time. Wrote the seller last night and received a prompt reply that answered my concern.

--------

Yes, we had a payment problem with the previous buyer, and also the listing had some errors the first time also, so we've relisted the mandolin with all of the corrected info this time around. Thanks!

--------

Perhaps the payment problem was triggered by post 4 in this thread...

Though the extra promotion this thread has provided certainly hasn't dampened the bids with 9days to go.
    Hereby & forthwith, any instrument with an odd number of strings shall be considered broken. With regard to mix levels, usually the best approach is treating the mandolin the same as a cowbell.