AlB in PT
Centrum Blues 2012 Workshops
Registration is now open for Centrum's Acoustic Blues Workshops, July 29th to August 5th in Port Townsend, at Fort Worden.
This year we will have two main blues mandolin players/teachers and two others that can fill in (really I had nothing to do with it!).
• Billie Citrin - originally from St. Louis, lately from Jalisco Mexico.
• Rich Delgrosso - Yes! The wonderful Mr. Delgrosso will be back.
• Steve James - Mandolin, Slide Guitar and Guitar
• Orville Johnson - Mainly on Slide Guitar, but likely to pull out a mandolin at some point.
Also, for those of you who like to play blues on more than one instrument.
• Guy Davis - Guitar
• Robert Belfour - Guitar
• Elan Chalford - Fiddle
• Grant Dermody - Harmonica
• Phil Wiggins - Harmonica
• Terry Bean - Harmonica
• Bruce "Sunpie" Barnes - Accordian
• Rev. Robert B. Jones - Slide and banjo
• John Miller - Finger style guitar
• Tim Sparks - Guitar
• Billy Flynn - Delta Slide Guitar
• Mary Flower - Guitar
• Eleanor Ellis - Piedmont Guitar
• Ari Eisinger - Guitar
• Elijah Wald - Guitar and Blues history
• Lightnin' Wells - Blues UKE!
• Ann Rabson - Piano
• Arthur Migliazza - Piano
• Jenny Peterson - Piano
• Angela Hill- Gospel Singing
• Mark Brooks - Singing
Bring along a partner if you wish, or a kid (some scholarships are available). Camping available if you'd rather, at beautiful Fort Worden, or join us in the Officer's houses, where jams are likely to be happening. Non musical partners can hike, comb the beach, shop in Port Townsend, or head into the Olympic Mountains. The instructor's concert will be the 5th and we will be having the usual blast of "Blues in the Clubs" around Port Townsend on the 3rd and 4th of August.
Should be another winner year. Registration now open at:
Re: Centrum Blues 2012 Workshops
Always a great week. I've been several times and always find the instruction, the folks and the vibe to be most excellent. Fort Worden, where Country Blues is hels, is a jewel of a place. Love it!