Thread: considering buying an Eastman Mandocaster

Question considering buying an Eastman Mandocaster

My husband wants to purchase an Eastman Mandocaster for himself; since he's left handed the only color available is sunburst. While researching prices for him I also saw the Eastman Airline Mandola which also looks cool and is also avaiable for lefty's (and not the sunburst color which he's not a real fan of). Does anyone have any experience with either of these mandolins; which would you recommend? He plays modern and pop/rock on his mandolin. I know if he gets a mandocaster he can remodel it (already changed his original mandolin and 2 guitars) they're also both made by Eastman so at this point it comes down to the sound.
    You can play almost anything on a mandolin! Be creative, have fun, spread the word: Mandolins Rock!:

Robert Rocks The Mandolin http://rdenronden.magix.net/public

Blog Entries

Default Re: considering buying an Eastman Mandocaster

I think you mean Eastwood Mandocaster and not Eastman, right? Eastman has some mandolins with pickups but Eastwood makes solid body electrics.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

Quote Originally Posted by JEStanek View Post
    I think you mean Eastwood Mandocaster and not Eastman, right? Eastman has some mandolins with pickups but Eastwood makes solid body electrics.

Jamie
    yup, my mistake. I was trying to do two things at the same time, that never works for me.
    You can play almost anything on a mandolin! Be creative, have fun, spread the word: Mandolins Rock!:

I've done some various video listening to the two along with hubby and it looks like he's decided to get the mandocaster. Apparently the other one is tuned at a lower level and after listening to some clips my husband didn't like the sound. He said he's okay with the mandocaster being sunburst, he just didn't like sunburst because so many guitar makers were using it instead of being original and trying something different.