Thread: What does everyone thing about the Eastman md315 300 f style?

Default What does everyone thing about the Eastman md315 300 f style?

I just saw it on www.folkmusician.com and I just wanted to know how it
    Sounds.
    It looks nice but sound is more important then looks

I didn't have time to put a pic but check out the web site
    Tell me what you think?

It's the Eastman md315 300 f style
    If you can play the mandolin. can you play the fiddle?

Default Re: What does everyone thing about the Eastman md315 300 f style?

As far as I know it's the same as the rest of the line (515, 615, etc) just with less flash. And theres a lot of Eastman fans on here, me being one of them.
    Gunga......Gunga.....Gu-Lunga

Blog Entries

I moved this to the Looking for Information section. The builders in the builder section may have different opinions on them. I have had a couple of Eastman mandolins (814 F4 style, and 805D two pointer) and liked them both. While I've not played the 300 series they get positive reviews as well. They have their own sound, and are known for skinny necks and narrow fretwire.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +

I was in a music store recently where they had an Eastman 315 and an 815. The store manager, the salesman, my wife and I all agreed that the 315 was better sounding than the 815. Didn't have any other mandolins to compare them to, but that was my experience with those two particular instruments.

Steve

Sound To Earth Celtic A
    Kentucky KM805
    Recording King resonator
    Bunch of guitars

I know opions and taste vary with each person so here is mine...I played every Eastman at a showcase from the most inexpensive to the most expensive and NONE of them did a thing for me as far as sound goes.....The construction of them all seemed pretty good though and a good set up might have been needed on them....

I am a hard person to please when it comes to a mandolins tone and like I said my taste will vary from others but you asked for opinions and I gave mine, sorry that sounded negative,....I would suggest you go and play as many as you can and compare their sound with other mandolins in the same price range and then make up your own mind...People on here have different opinons on most mandolins, some good and some bad....

Willie