Thread: Quick Draw capo

Default Quick Draw capo

Has anyone here used these? What do you think of them? I have a tendency to lose capos at outdoor events -- it's pretty much a given that I will, every time -- so when I saw these on Elderly's site I started to wonder.

Tim
    "Be kind to the band; they never get to dance"

Default Re: Quick Draw capo

I have one on my Foley bouzouki. It works well above the second fret. The Foley's unison-tuned. Below the second fret I have to use my Shubb. My other zouk has an octave string on the G pair and the Quick Draw wreaks havoc with the tuning, mostly on the A pair.

Good luck.

Paul

I use one on my Dio Dinos zouk - it suits the slim/narrow neck better than on my Beard OM. I wouldn't use it with Octave string pairs - too much retuning required...

David Deacon

I keep one on my DADGAD guitar. It works like a dream.

I used to use one on my bouzouki and DADGAD tuned guitar. I found that it didn't have enough tension down the neck and got too tight up the neck in general, and the more I twisted the spring the looser it got and eventually broke. Also, the plastic covered wrap around the back can really wear down the finish on the back of the neck. I play trad. Irish backing music where I slide the capo to change keys, sometimes many times during a set, so I really can wear down the Quickdraws capos. Also they are expensive. I decided to make my own which consist of two elastic band capos wrapped around a cut piece of a Guiness tap, held together with a gutter nail. Works perfectly, never wears out, only cost a few bucks, and the elastic doesnt harm the neck.