Thread: Curious and frustrated

Default Curious and frustrated

Please note, I am writing this with all the respect that Scott, the moderators, and each of you deserve.

As you can see from my member statistics, I am more a lurker than poster, and at this moment I am both genuinely curious and frustrated.

The frustrated me;
    Be it a large manufacturer of mandolins, or [insert name here] who wants to build their first mandolin in their basement, the Lacey Act as amended in 2008 regulates what instrument materials can used, from where the materials can or cannot originate, in what form they must exist, what documentation is required to prove the materials were harvested legally, obtained legally, transported legally, and how they can be legally possessed. That, based on my non-legal understanding, is the crux of the unmentionable lawsuit. Perhaps it is much ado about nothing, but I would think that anyone who builds or travels with an instrument would be interested in the unmentionable lawsuit and that they are and remain in compliance with this act. I enjoying reading the opinions of others on this subject, and it frustrates me that this topic always gets shut down.

The curious me;
    There are no truly unbiased sources. The word choices alone used by an author / host / columnist will reflect their personal views. After viewing the recently locked topic I have to ask; are there any news sources that can be linked to? I would hate to think that individuals will be limited to using "I heard..." and "Someone told me...".

Again, I am writing this with all the respect that Scott, the moderators, and each of you deserve.

Thank you for your time, patience, and understanding.
    2003 Gibson F-9
    1998 Gibson Fern
    2003 Gibson Doyle Lawson
    2008 Gibson Master Model

Blog Entries

Default Re: Curious and frustrated

As I already clearly stated, this topic has been discussed appropriately in the past and could possibly be in the future. But I doubt it will. Last night's effort was not one of those instances. There was no new news there. Simply recycled one-sided biased infotainment. We're not going to baby-sit a bunch of mud throwing back and forth. If members have facts and information to share, fine. If all we can do is come up with links to opinions with a political spin one direction or the other with an attempt to influence elections, it's not going to happen. Trust that you have our attention. Patience? That might be another matter.

Since this discussion was started with the intent to question forum moderation I'm closing it. There are dozens of existing conversations that exist and have been exhausted that remain open on this same subject matter. Encourage you to use those to further your curiosity if desired. Great pains have been put forth by the people posting in these discussions to keep the matter factual. I would ask that you and others with a desire to post in these discussions respect those members' wishes.

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/sh...sk-Tryin-Again

And here's a large list from Google.
    Last edited by Scott Tichenor; Apr-13-2012 at 10:39am.