Thread: Any info/comments on the Washburn M117SWK Double Cutaway Mandolin

Default Any info/comments on the Washburn M117SWK Double Cutaway Mandolin

As I said in my intro post, I have been without a mandolin for a few years and looking to pick one up. [The classifieds here are wonderful!]

I've been looking at the Washburn M117SWK Double Cutaway Mandolin, though, which I like because of its two point design and wider fingerboard, which is listed as 1.22" (I think that is probably 1& 7/32") at the nut. Its list price of $749 is probably about the maximum I am looking to spend. I found one review on Amazon.com, which was pretty positive, but that's about it. I can see from the pictures on Sweetwater's site that the "distressed" finish is kind of sloppy looking around the binding in places, etc, but I don't really care too much about that as much as whether it is well put together and sounds good.

Anyone?

Default Re: Any info/comments on the Washburn M117SWK Double Cutaway Mand

Quote Originally Posted by Suho View Post
    As I said in my intro post, I have been without a mandolin for a few years and looking to pick one up. [The classifieds here are wonderful!]
    I was looking for my first mandolin in the same price range. Was also looking at the Washburns at guitar center. Found an Eastman 904 in the classifieds here (also a two point job) and stayed on budget. I think the Eastman was a better buy at that price point.

You're right, the classifieds here are great but the good stuff goes fast so be ready...