I was wanting a slight volume boost for my acoustic (passive piezo) mandolin solos and remembered I had this pedal left over from my electric guitar days so I dug it out and gave it a try. Being lazy, I ran it through a little Vox D5 solid state amp set on cleanest setting (its not an acoustic amp). It worked! I ran it straight from mando to the pedal to my preamp to the amp. In the pedals bypass mode, I set the appropriate strumming volume. Then in one of the od channels(red channel), I set distortion button to minimal and turned up the volume level for my boost. I got a nice clean volume boost. Then I also used the second od channel (brown) in high distortion mode and got a nice crunch and got very excited about it because the band does a rock set at times and it would come in handy for that.

BUT, a few days later I tried it through my PA and-- nothing. It worked as usual in bypass but I got no sound and no signal on either od channel. What the? The kicker is that we had a gig in between and I used it for a volume boost for that gig and I could have sworn it worked as a volume boost through the house PA of that bar.

Any idea of whats going on ?