Thread: Two Albums Released by Our Band

Default Two Albums Released by Our Band

I am the mandolin player and singer for this band, here are 2 albums we've put out; Drive Smart 2011 (which is free), and Letter; which is 5 dollars. It has 4 bonus tracks on it though, which are hidden, so you are really getting 7 songs. Tell us what you think. Playing an Ovation Applause Mandolin that has been restrung with two viola strings and two mandolin strings, tuned CGDA. And, if you are interested in the other instruments (I mean, it's mandolin cafe, but...), a Washburn Cumberland Acoustic/Electric Guitar, a Tacoma Acoustic/Electric Bass, an inadvertent flugelhorn, and an out of tune piano in the choir practice room.

http://cliffletters.bandcamp.com

I may be old but I'm ugly billhay4's Avatar

Default Re: Two Albums Released by Our Band

Interesting. You might enjoy my sister's stuff. http://emilyhay.com
    Bill

Ooh that's cool! I like her sound. Very intriguing. Thanks for listening! Did you listen to tracks from both albums or just letters?

Great reverb and layering. What drew you to the mandolin?

Thank you! I was actually nervous about the reverb. I was at a family friends house and he had a banjolin in this one room of his house. I seriously wanted to figure out how to play it. I tuned it like a viola, which I had been trying to learn for a while, and figured out a few chords. We went there again next week, I told my dad about the instrument, he said I shouldn't ask. The NEXT week, I ended up subtly commenting on it to the man who owned it; he got it from a Hungarian immigrant he met in New York who never played it, and now he never played it, and couldn't figure out how to tune it. I told him I managed to tune it and he said that I could have it. Unfortuanately, the instrument wouldn't go higher than CGDA even when we took it to the shop to get it restrung (hadn't been for several decades), and we found out it was worth 900 dollars as an antique. We told the original owner we were going to give it back to him, and he said to keep it. After a while, I took the instrument in with my dad to trade it for a better beginning instrument (Uhm. Well. They didn't tell us that we were buying one of the lower quality mandolins in the shop...) and I began learning on that. I pretty much played it every day after then; my band had broken up so I started writing all my music on the mandolin. After a while it just seemed like the perfect instrument on which I could express myself. I started a band with my friend Isaac and got into playing more jazz/blue oriented stuff, also got persuaded to restring and tune down to mandola pitch. It's my primary instrument now, the one I feel most at home on. Love playing on it.

does your mouth ever get tired of spewing lies and hatred? just wondering i mean i guess these songs are okay if youare into that but yeah it sounds like you are playing with some arm tension. it also seems like you might want to stop insulting us behind out backs. and i listened to the hidden tracks you included, noticed white horse is one of them realy are you stooping that low? its in a tunnel. a tunnel made of what...baby llama and lies? like the battleaxe you wield?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Vilgiate View Post
    Thank you! I was actually nervous about the reverb. I was at a family friends house and he had a banjolin in this one room of his house. I seriously wanted to figure out how to play it. I tuned it like a viola, which I had been trying to learn for a while, and figured out a few chords. We went there again next week, I told my dad about the instrument, he said I shouldn't ask. The NEXT week, I ended up subtly commenting on it to the man who owned it; he got it from a Hungarian immigrant he met in New York who never played it, and now he never played it, and couldn't figure out how to tune it. I told him I managed to tune it and he said that I could have it. Unfortuanately, the instrument wouldn't go higher than CGDA even when we took it to the shop to get it restrung (hadn't been for several decades), and we found out it was worth 900 dollars as an antique. We told the original owner we were going to give it back to him, and he said to keep it. After a while, I took the instrument in with my dad to trade it for a better beginning instrument (Uhm. Well. They didn't tell us that we were buying one of the lower quality mandolins in the shop...) and I began learning on that. I pretty much played it every day after then; my band had broken up so I started writing all my music on the mandolin. After a while it just seemed like the perfect instrument on which I could express myself. I started a band with my friend Isaac and got into playing more jazz/blue oriented stuff, also got persuaded to restring and tune down to mandola pitch. It's my primary instrument now, the one I feel most at home on. Love playing on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by soapstonetpcastt View Post
    does your mouth ever get tired of spewing lies and hatred? just wondering i mean i guess these songs are okay if youare into that but yeah it sounds like you are playing with some arm tension. it also seems like you might want to stop insulting us behind out backs. and i listened to the hidden tracks you included, noticed white horse is one of them realy are you stooping that low? its in a tunnel. a tunnel made of what...baby llama and lies? like the battleaxe you wield?
    You two really should get together and play some music instead of wasting our time out here because you're both posting from the same personal computer from the same identical location in Colorado Springs. Never figured out why people like to have these imaginary conversations with themselves.

Here's a hunch: I bet we never hear from either of you again.

Update: make that three accounts this same individual is posting from.