Thread: Jingle Bell Rock

Blog Entries

Exclamation Jingle Bell Rock

Test for the School Christmas Concert...A very famous Christmas song performed by Orchestra of the Middle School " Nino Martoglio", a musical school in Belpasso (Catania, Italy). Intro for solo guitar performed by my student Erika Ensabella

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to mandoguitar For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Jingle Bell Rock

Real nice....It`s good to hear carols being played the way they were written, I have heard some that have a lot of added "soul" put into them and it makes me want to gag....there are some songs that should be always played the way they were written...The Star Spangled Banner being one of them, at sporting events we hear it being sung with a lot of extras put into it....

Funny, I was just playing some chords today and figured out the first part of this, then got sidetracked. I told myself I'd work on it later, but of course I forgot about it. Now I have a reason to go back to it.

Gongrats to your student, she is progressing nicely.
    A quarter tone flat and a half a beat behind.

Very nicely done!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Real nice....It`s good to hear carols being played the way they were written, I have heard some that have a lot of added "soul" put into them and it makes me want to gag....there are some songs that should be always played the way they were written...The Star Spangled Banner being one of them, at sporting events we hear it being sung with a lot of extras put into it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Bob View Post
    Funny, I was just playing some chords today and figured out the first part of this, then got sidetracked. I told myself I'd work on it later, but of course I forgot about it. Now I have a reason to go back to it.

Gongrats to your student, she is progressing nicely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artie1957 View Post
    Very nicely done!
    Thanks to all for your compliments dear friends, greetings from Sicily and Merry Christmas!

Thanks for the clip and Merry Christmas from Virginia, USA
    Kenny B. Playing on a Stelling S-5Q #144
    Lakota Leathers strap
    Blue Chip CT55 pick & SR-50
    D'Addario J75 Strings
    Virtuoso Premium Polish / Yes I clean & polish my mandolin

Professional Dreamer journeybear's Avatar
    Northeastern South Carolina, west of North Carolina
    Blog Entries

This is from two years ago, when my neighbor and I were playing duo gigs as - brace yourself for the incredibly innovative name - Neighbors. Took a little time to throw together a version of an old warhorse, in an instrumental rearrangement/deconstruction/destruction. I think we got it mostly right, though some parts were mixed up a bit. It was the guitarist's idea, so rather than correct him here and there and spoil the mood, I held back and followed his lead. We were going by memory, without benefit of sheet music or a conductor, so taking that into consideration, I think we did alright. Note my impeccable stage craft. My favorite part is the end - not just because there is finally relief from the torture, but my final chord. When in doubt, hit that sixth chord. Makes everything so groovy!

But that's just my opinion. I could be wrong. - Dennis Miller

Furthering Mandolin Consciousness

Finders Keepers, my duo with the astoundingly talented and versatile Patti Rothberg. Our EP is finally done, and available! PM me, while they last!

9. The following members say thank you to journeybear for this post:

but that's just me Bertram Henze's Avatar

Three ghosts, if not of Christmas, but of music are visiting me here:
    1 - ghost of music tiny: the soloist's accomplished intro playing should teach all those whining about their "tiny hands" what is possible!
    2 - ghost of music relaxed: the boy next to the soloist, leaning on his instrument while waiting for his part, should teach all those whining about stage fright what the the right attitude is (in fact, this resembles what I frequently do with my OM during Irish sessions)!
    3 - ghost of music surprising: up to 1:22 I thought "well, a small ensemble, nice playing" and I was so wrong - camera angle suddenly widens to an army of musicians joining in the fray, teaching us all that there's always an ace up music's sleeve, leaving no excuse for boredom!

Bah - humbug!
    the world is better off without bad ideas, good ideas are better off without the world

Very nice! I hope she keeps up with her guitar playing. And Merry Christmas to you too!

Full Grown and Cussin' brunello97's Avatar

Awesome, Bep'. That's my favorite Christmas song! I dig the flutes and fiddles...

Merry Texmas!

Mick
    Ever tried, ever failed? No matter. Try again, fail again. Fail better.--Samuel Beckett

'05 Cuisinart Toaster
    '93 Chuck Taylor lowtops
    '12 Stetson Open Road
    '06 Bialetti expresso maker
    '14 Irish Linen Ramon Puig

This Kid Needs Practice Bill Clements's Avatar

Wonderful performance by a talented group of Middle School youngsters!
    You have a fine student there. What fun!
    "Music is the only noise for which one is obliged to pay." ~ Alexander Dumas