Thread: Relocating- classical mandolin groups in the NC Triangle?

Default Relocating- classical mandolin groups in the NC Triangle?

HI

Haven't been on here for awhile. We are looking to relocate, due to expenses, and one place we are looking is the Triangle area of North Carolina---specifically Durham. As a musician, I want to find a place that has (hopefully) some Balkan music and/or Classical Mandolin opportunities. Anyone know of players, groups from there? Nothing much according to the CMSA page, but not everyone is a fan of that, so...

THANKS for ANY info on the music scene of that area. Feel free to also email me at ydwingard@juno.com if you don't want to post something.

Yvonne
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

Default Re: Relocating- classical mandolin groups in the NC Triangle?

Well, I live about 75 minutes from the Triangle area (Fayetteville)...and am desperate for some fellow classical players to play with!
    KristinEliza

Facebook

Well, we'd have half a quartet....! I can play dola or cello, but I really do mandocello best. Yvonne
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

I can play mandolin or 'dola (would play 'cello if I had one). There's always duets! Keep me in mind!
    KristinEliza

Facebook

Did anything every come of this thread? Yvonne, did you move to the Triangle? I am new to Winston-Salem and am craving some sort of classical scene. I moved from Atlanta, which has a mandolin orchestra, so I am stuck with no where to play. Thanks.