Thread: Acoustic Bassist wanted for New York Mandolin Ensemble

Default Acoustic Bassist wanted for New York Mandolin Ensemble

The New York Mandolin Ensemble is seeking an acoustic bassist. Double bass is preferred but acoustic guitar bass is acceptable. Must read very well and play diverse styles including classical, jazz, folk and contemporary classical. Rehearsals 2-3 times per month on upper east side of Manhattan. The group often performs compositions and arrangements of its members. This is a paying gig but compensation is limited. Please contact Steven Antonelli at stevenantonelli@gmail.com if interested.

Default Re: Acoustic Bassist wanted for New York Mandolin Ensemble

What, you don't want a mandobass?
    Emando.com: More than you wanted to know about electric mandolins.

Notorious: My Celtic CD--listen & buy!

Lyon & Healy • Wood • Thormahlen • Andersen • Bacorn • Yanuziello • Fender • National • Gibson • Franke • Fuchs • Aceto • Three Hungry Pit Bulls

I'm not sure but they may be illegal in most states.

Not sure why, but finding acoustic bassists who read is sometimes a problem. If I lived in NY, I'd GLADLY play for you!
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

5. The following members say thank you to violmando for this post:

You might try Manhattan School of Music. Perhaps a student there is interested, or any of the other music schools: Mannes, Julliard
    "your posts ... very VERY opinionated ...basing your opinion/recommendations ... pot calling ...kettle... black...sarcasm...comment ...unwarranted...unnecessary...."

7. The following members say thank you to Mandobar for this post: