Thread: Help with "How he loves" by the David Crowder Band?

Default Help with "How he loves" by the David Crowder Band?

I love the song, and thought it'd be nice know on the mandolin. I looked it up and found it uses only C, D, G, and Em. The only question is can I use two finger chords, or should I learn to use all four fingers for this one?

Default Re: Help with "How he loves" by the David Crowder Band?

I think it all depends on the context and how you want the mandolin to sound against your voice. Different chord voicings all have their place. Nothing wrong with 3 note chords too, cross picking.... there is never just one way. This is a beautiful song.

What style are you doing it in? For normal CCM I'd go with two-finer (open) chords for a nice ringing sound.

@garthh: Two-finger chords are four-note chords. Don't confuse them with double stops.
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Ok, thanks. Now I have to figure out rhythm. I've heard the song, both a recording, and performed at my church, but I don't pay attention to the guitars very much.