Thread: Marla Fibish - Irish Mandolin Basics

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Marla Fibish - Irish Mandolin Basics

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Marla Fibish - Irish Mandolin Basics

Irish Mandolin Basics - Tunes and Technique is the title of a new instructional DVD just released by Bay Area celtic musician Marla Fibish.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Default Re: Marla Fibish - Irish Mandolin Basics

Would this be ok for a beginner or is it too advanced?

Blog Entries

It'd be best to email Marla about this. Here's her contact page but I know right now she's teaching at the California Coast Music Camp and has limited web access from there, according to Mike Compton, who I've spoken with this week.

I've been waiting for this for a little while since she announced it on her mailing list. So glad it's finally coming out and am so looking forward to getting a copy from her.

I'm going to order a copy. I've been trying to figure out how I could affoed to make to to Portal Az camp this fall but this will be a great backup plan.

This is the reply i got back from Marla:

"Thanks for your interest in the DVD! Yes, its perfect for a beginner - there is introductory material at the beginning of the DVD that is then built upon through the teaching of the tunes".

I have ordered a copy directly from her and looking forward to receiving it in the next few days.

It's $30 plus shipping. She will let you know how much if you contact her.