Thread: Hoffee Announces New Carbon Fiber Mandolin Case

Fetches news & information NewsFetcher's Avatar

Default Hoffee Announces New Carbon Fiber Mandolin Case

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    Hoffee Announces New Carbon Fiber Mandolin Case

Hoffee, makers of instrument cases manufactured in the U.S. have announced the newest addition to their case line, their teardrop shaped Carbon Fiber Mandolin Case.

---------------------------

NOTE: You may use your board membership to comment on news articles published by the Mandolin Cafe. Your comments will appear here and also will be appended to the end of the news article for public viewing. Standard board membership posting guidelines apply. The addition of images is turned OFF for this area so as not to compete with or interfere with the news item.
    Posts belonging to this account are created by a software task, not a human. Don't understand what that means? This information will explain how this post got here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hoffee Announces New Carbon Fiber Mandolin Case

Did anyone else think it a bit odd to photograph what's likely a $200 mandolin sitting in a $750 case?

3. The following members say thank you to Scott Tichenor for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Tichenor View Post
    Did anyone else think it a bit odd to photograph what's likely a $200 mandolin sitting in a $750 case?
    Yes, I do think it is a bit odd, I think Jeff could have represented his cases better with at least a "SAM BUSH" seriously I have one of
    Jeff Hoffe's cases for my D18 Authentic and it's nice especially since we dont have Calton anymore ?
    good luck

"Did anyone else think it a bit odd to photograph what's likely a $200 mandolin sitting in a $750 case?"

Not at all, c'mon, do you need it all spelled out for ya???? If anyone tried to steal the cool pricey case- you simple hit them over the head with the Cheap Mando. Maybe it's a NYC thing???????
    James

What's wrong with buying a case that cost more than triple your mandolin? Really, it did strike me as odd. That said, I'll take one in silver with red interior (when I find that kind of dough somewhere).

"Did anyone else think it a bit odd to photograph what's likely a $200 mandolin sitting in a $750 case?"
    ......maybe this is an addendum to the 'beater' thread? Seriously though great work by Jeff H and the lutheirs who worked with him to make this case happen.

I'd like to know how much clearance around the headstock. Does anything touch? Near touch?

I'll let you know when I get my new Campanella F in the Hoffee case mentioned.
    Matthew

I've seen a few Hoffee guitar cases and found them to be excellent.
    Trevor
    Formerly of The Acoustic Music Co (TAMCO) Brighton England now retired.

My new Hoffee case just arrived. This case was customized for my Labraid Cytole. What a great fit. Perfect. The case looks great as well. However, even though Jeff has some crazy video's demonstrating the protection these cases offer, I won't be throwing it off a building or out of a van on the highway.
    MLT
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra
    Classical Mandolin Society of America
    Labraid Cytole

Blog Entries

I would love to see a carbon fiber mandolin/violin case. The ones I see are all abot 12 lbs or heavier.
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Alan the headstock in mine fits very similar to the slanted under support of a Pegasus with a strip pressing down the neck in Lou of the lid muffins on a Pegasus lid. The tuning pegs touch from below on both but the cushion is very giving unlike the firmer intended pressure points. The neck is held firm with the slanted padding under the headstock more like an airbag for whiplash damping. The sides are clear with room to spare. Looks like very good well thought out padding. The only negative is the padding might touch the buttons enough to knock it out of tune. There are pictures of a new purple one with gold interior in the sister thread to this one that shows the headstock and neck support. Mine Hoffee is a little different in that it's custom fitted to the shorter 1923 F4. The storage compartment had to be angled to make room for the headstock where on an F5 length the compartment is under the neck only with the angled padding under the headstock in the nose in front of the storage compartment.
    "A sudden clash of thunder, the mind doors burst open, and lo, there sits old man Buddha-nature in all his homeliness."
    CHAO-PIEN