Thread: Morgan Monroe MAM-200c

Default Morgan Monroe MAM-200c

Just arrived last week, and i must say i am very surprised at how nice is it to play for the price($400).

I got one with a hardcase for £139 on ebay which would appear to be a bargain.

The plan is to get an Artec preamp and piezo pickup fitted onto it(i know some people will be distressed at that idea of cutting and fitting a pickup) as i need it got live gigs asap.

Read a few reviews on here about them and anyones who played on agree they are LOUD, very loud, the tone is exactly what i was after though.

Very pleased all round
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAM200.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	92576  

Default Re: Morgan Monroe MAM-200c

Congrats on the new mandolin!

The only preamp that will fit is their dedicated mandolin version. They came out with a stick on piezo a couple of years back. I think i would go that route as apposed to trying to install one in the bridge.

Thanks for the info, so you a reckon thew Artec wont fit it? it was the ME2 version i was going to go for

The ME2 will fit in your MAM-200. I am pretty sure you will have to cut into the kerfed lining. I think they list the preamp at 25mm width, but if I recall, it needs a 30mm wide hole.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger