Thread: two great mandos

Default two great mandos

Just played a festival with The Foggy Hogtown Boys and Long Road Home. Both Andrew Collins' Heiden and Jordan Ramsey's Gibson Bush were very impressive, sounding good acoustically and through the sound system. Quite different sounding instruments, too. Of course, the players have a lot to do with the sound but overall I'd say the Heiden had more the modern tone and the Bush more traditional. But I heard Andrew playing some wicked oldtime stuff and it sounded great on the Heiden.

Also, I got Andrew to give the Mowry a test drive. Thumbs up from him! Last time I saw him I was shopping and he did a pretty intense sales job for Heiden even though he knew I'd have to get an A as a Heiden F is beyond my means. I think he was a bit disappointed when I told him I had bought something else but I could feel his mind changing as he played it. That was a nice feeling.

Default Re: two great mandos

Always great to have a pro picker check out your mandolin and give it a 'Thumbs up!"

Default Re: two great mandos

AlanN, you got that right. I was never so excited as when Herschel Sizemore test drove my Randy Wood and gave it a two thumbs up. It was fun to see and hear the thing played the way it should be.