Thread: Bridge for Rigel Natural A

Default Bridge for Rigel Natural A

The bridge on my Rigel failed a couple years ago. I haven't been trying to play but would like to get back into it and neede something to replace it.

Anyeon know who's selling reliable replacement bridge?

Would prefer nickel over gold.

No idea if Rigel is still in business. The web site is up but I don't know if they make anything any more.

-kvk

Default Replacement bridge for Rigel Natural A

The bridge on my Rigel failed a couple years ago. I haven't been trying to play the last few years but would like to get back into it and need something to replace it.

Anyeon know who's selling reliable replacement bridge?

Would prefer nickel over gold.

No idea if Rigel is still in business. The web site is up but I don't know if they make anything any more.

-kvk

( I posted this question also in Equipment but the realized Repair might be a better forum. Sorry about the double-post.)

Default Re: Bridge for Rigel Natural A

The answer to both of your threads would be.. Cumberland Acoustic

Default Re: Replacement bridge for Rigel Natural A

Pete Langdell is still building. I think I recall a thread a few years ago mentioning a failure of a Rigel bridge and Mr. Langdell sent a new one (perhaps gratis). I could be wrong, but it is worth contacting him.
    Bill Snyder

The Rigel bridge looks similar to bridges sold as standard adjustable bridges on parts websights.Is here something unique about Rigel bridges? If it is that you are unwilling to shape the base of the bridge to fit your mando then you may be out of luck as any bridge needs to be custom shaped to fit any instrument. You very likely will be able to use your old tuner wheels and threaded shafts.

depending on which part of the bride is broken you may be able to buy a standard bridge and still use the base and wheels and replace only the top part of the bridge. But in any case a new bridge will fit, but only if its base is shaped to fit your instrument.

frets.com has good info on bridge adjusting.
    Bart McNeil

I was in the exact same situation about a year ago. I contacted Pete Langdell and he recommended I go to Cumberland as they make his bridges anyway. I did exactly that, got the bridge sent to me in the UK within a few days which was impressive, and it was a perfect fit excellent quality so thoroughly recommended.

I just realized I typed bridge and not tailpiece. It is the tailpiece that failed. I'll start a new thread. (I don't think I can delete this one.)
    Last edited by kvk; Oct-05-2013 at 9:26pm.