Thread: TablEdit *.cat files

Blog Entries

Default TablEdit *.cat files

I have recently started using the full version of TablEdit. I have to say that the learning curve is rather significant, even for a computer geek like me.

Anyway, I am finding my way slowly. The current snag I have run into is insertion of chord names or diagrams into the score. As I see it, there are two ways. One is to create a chord using the chord manager and editor. Then insert it. Not so bad. But start a new score and you will have to re-create that chord in order to insert it.

The second way is to use a "catalog" file which contains a wide array of chords and you just pick the chord from the catalog instead of having to re-create it. A catalog file is simply a blank "tef" file into which you or someone has inserted a gazillion chord diagrams. The problem is that I can't find any catalog files for mandolin. I can make one, but I am wondering if there are already mandolin catalog files in existence that are easily obtainable, thus saving me the trouble of creating one.

So. Does anyone have a link to a downloadable mandolin catalog file they can share?

If not, I can eventually share what I can build up, no problem. But it will be a while and it will be far from complete (I don't generally use anything beyond majors, minors, and sevenths thereof).

Blog Entries

Default Re: TablEdit *.cat files

Sorry, no I don't. Never even thought about doing that I just use the text manager to insert the name of the chord e.g., C Bb, F etc. I would think having chord formations above the tab would get kind of crowed on the page? But it would be handy on the weird of special chords so you could remember what you worked out months earlier for example!

I wish some one would create better sound file for the instruments with choruses. Checking the "double string" box does not do too much?
    Bernie
    ____
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.