Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 214243444546
Results 1,126 to 1,130 of 1130

Thread: Northfield mandolins

Default Re: Northfield mandolins

that's a real nice looking NF Chootum!

My F5S is my all time favorite mandolin. I think you will love yours. From the first touch, they feel like your favorite old pair of jeans.
    Took delivery of mine from TejonStreetMusic as well, those folks are excellent to deal with.

I don't think I posted a picture of mine in this thread.............................so

Nice looking F5S darylcrisp. I bet that one sounds great by looking at it.

I got mine a couple of days ago. It had me worried at first because the tone was really quiet. Like muted quiet. But in a couple of days it's doubled or tripled its volume. I have never seen such change in an instrument. I have seen tone changes in new instruments, but volume? Maybe its because it made a trip from 50% humidity Colorado to 85-90% humidity and 95F South Florida. But it's a great mandolin and I can hear it get better every day. Very deep, round, dark and rich tone. Playability is identical to my Collings. Very very happy. Details are not impecable at the production level. But hey, it's a cheap mando that sounds and plays like a mando double the price.

Quote Originally Posted by nickster View Post
    Nice looking F5S darylcrisp. I bet that one sounds great by looking at it.
    i've been blessed to have some wonderful mandolins in my hands from the getgo of this journey with these little friends. i will have to say my Northfield just makes me real happy every time i pick it up. you instantly get lost with regards to anything else and it yearns to play music.

Sean at Tejon ordered this one with the 1 3/16" nut width and a one piece back. its just a swell mandolin.

d

Quote Originally Posted by Chootum View Post
    I got mine a couple of days ago. It had me worried at first because the tone was really quiet. Like muted quiet. But in a couple of days it's doubled or tripled its volume. I have never seen such change in an instrument. I have seen tone changes in new instruments, but volume? Maybe its because it made a trip from 50% humidity Colorado to 85-90% humidity and 95F South Florida. But it's a great mandolin and I can hear it get better every day. Very deep, round, dark and rich tone. Playability is identical to my Collings. Very very happy. Details are not impecable at the production level. But hey, it's a cheap mando that sounds and plays like a mando double the price.
    that sounds like a humidity issue to me as well. glad to hear things are changing up for you, i'd say as it gets more dry it will impress you quite well.

keep us posted
    d