Thread: Where Ill Be

Ken Froman

Post Where Ill Be

I am going to be in Tampa-Clearwater area month of November. Looking for Bluegrass, Jams or whatever Actually in Palm Harbor Music stores etc seem awfully scarce around there. Hope to find some picking somewhere ? thanx

Default Re: Where Ill Be

Hi Ken,

Yes, good music stores are scarce to nonexistent. We have Sam Ash and Guitar Center in Clearwater, Dynamic Music Center (mostly school band instruments), Stevie B's Guitars (cool stuff) and Jim Terry Music are in Palm Harbor. For BG jams, I go to the Eagles Club on 63rd Ave. off US 19 in St. Pete on Wed. nights at 7PM. This is a beginner to intermediate jam and very welcoming to guests. There's another BG jam (more of a performance by the locals) also on Wed. nights at the VFW hall 5773 62nd St. N in St. Pete. There's a popular jam outside on Sunday afternoons at Freedom Lake Park in Pinellas Park. Go south on US 19 to 49th St. The park is near where US 19 crosses over 49th St. and there's a vintage USAF jet outside the park entrance. There's an open mike at the 8th Ave. Pub in Safety Harbor on Tuesday nights. If I think of any other musical happenings, I'll update your thread here.

Back alreay: Sertoma Youth Ranch (about 1 hour north of here) has the Riverhawk Festival Nov. 4th - 9th. Here's the website:

http://www.sertomayouthranch.com/upcoming.html

and their Thanksgiving Bluegrass Festival later in Nov. (same web page has details).

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

ps - remember that here in this part of FL, streets run north/south and avenues run east/west.
    Last edited by lenf12; Aug-23-2010 at 3:36pm. Reason: add text

It occurred to me that it may not be a very good idea to use your real name and advertise absences from home on a web site. Just a thought.

Ken Froman

Post Re: Where Ill Be

Thats so true about being gone But I have a house sitter so house is not empty ! Still NOT a good idea !

I bet you have savage dogs that live there too. I know I do, dozens of them.

Don't mess with my attack cat. He's declawed but his teeth are plenty sharp.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

There's also the Waldo festival at the Dixieland Music Park in Waldo, FL on Nov. 5 & 6.

Dave C.
    Sarasota
    Striving for mediocrity and perpetually falling short.