Thread: HELP me with this Ermelinda Silvestri mandolin

Exclamation HELP me with this Ermelinda Silvestri mandolin

Just looking for any information at all, Age,history, value ect i been told be the local antiques shop that the marking are new and it is no older than 10 years old,

I tried looking on Google for some information but i cant find any that look the same,

any help would be very much appreciated thank you

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gggggggg..jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	60831   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0286..jpg 
Views:	532 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	60832   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0287..jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	60833  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0286..jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	60834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0288..jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	60835  

Default Re: HELP me with this Ermelinda Silvestri mandolin

You keep posting the same question all over the cafe. You got a pretty good response from an English member in another forum. I did Google "Silvestri" mandolins and found a fair amount of information. I also found a nearly identical mandolin to yours listed on ebay being sold by someone in Germany. The listing number is 130412275794. Hang on it's summertime and people aren't necessarily glued to their computers. There are a couple of people that regularly post that I'm sure can tell you a great deal about your mandolin. I did figure out though that Silvestri isn't a top of the line Italian mandolin builder. go to "mandolinluthier.com/neapolitan mandolin makers and you will find many Italian mandolin manufacturers including Silvestri but they are not listed as a top builder.

Default Re: HELP me with this Ermelinda Silvestri mandolin

The only thing I can add to what barney says is that it would make a great wall hanger. Seriously, I have its identical twin hanging in my hall for ages. It never was a good player and I bought it 39 years ago for £8-10s ($12.49) when I knew no better. The good news is that its clearly over 5 years old!
    Ray