Thread: Moving to San Antonio

Default Moving to San Antonio

I will be relocating to San Antonio next week and need some buddies to pick!!!

Default Re: Moving to San Antonio

Welcome to San Antonio, mandolin's back pasture. There is a weekly jam at Grady's BBQ #4, 6510 San Pedro, every Tuesday evening from 6 to 8 o'clock. You'll meet a bunch of people there, but GRW3 and I make up the core of the mandolin section. The only decent music store in town for acoustics is Guitar Tex. Plenty of quality mandolins, guitars, and ukuleles. There is also Red Bone Guitar -- mostly electrics, though they have a small room for a few acoustics (Collings, Breedlove, Santa Cruz, etc.)

The real action is just up I-35 in Austin. At Artz Rib House, there is a bluegrass jam from 2 to 6 o'clock every Sunday under the aegis of the Central Texas Bluegrass Association. Also in Austin is Fiddler's Green Music Shop, where there are workshops, scheduled jams, and the finest selection of mandolins in these here parts.

I look forward to seeing you. Safe journey.
    Brian T. Walker
    Down beside the Alamo
    In the Lone Star State

"Ignorance is when you don't know something and somebody finds it out."
    -- Kenneth "Jethro" Burns

Blog Entries

Default Re: Moving to San Antonio

What he said...

We do have slow/intermediate every Tuesday. We need another open jam at the next level. Maybe you can help us get there.
    George Wilson
    Weber Bighorn Mandolin
    ca. 1900 Clifford Mandolinetto
    Martin Guitars