Thread: Tampa Bay Bluegrass jams

Default Tampa Bay Bluegrass jams

Are there any bluegrass jams that you would recommend in the Tampa Bay Region.

Nick
    Weber Bitteroot Custom
    Eastman 905D 2 point
    Scott Cao 850
    Taylor NS34CE
    "You have to go out on a limb, that is where the fruit is"

Default Re: Tampa Bay Bluegrass jams

You want to look up the Central Florida Bluegrass Association. Very active in that area with some great players. Sorry I can't provide a link but they are on Facebook. Get together once a month.
    mikeguy

Here's the Facebook link:

http://www.myspace.com/centralfloridabluegrass

Also, get on this guy's mailing list. His name is Ed Wybranowski and his email is bluegrass@wildblue.net

There's a "beginner's" jam on Wed. nites at the Eagles Club on 63rd Ave. in Pinellas Park just off US 19 (34th St.). It starts at 7PM and is very welcoming to new folks. Also, check out Sertoma Youth Ranch. They have lots of jamming and camping events out in the country between Dade City and Brooksville on Rte. 41 just east of I-75. If I think of more, I'll add to this post but this should get you started.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL

Blog Entries

Also check to see if the Bluegrass Parlor is still listed. I think they jam in Brandon, just east of Tampa .

I'm moving to Tampa this summer. Thanks for the info! If any of you know of any good players (bass, guitar, fiddlers, songwriters) that can do progressive acoustic music (swing, dawg, grass, etc.), I'd appreciate a PM. I'll be looking to start or join a band once I get settled in.
    Cheers
    Mark Robertson-Tessi
    Altman F5
    - Website
    - YouTube videos

Hi Mark,

I see that you'll be moving from AZ so the temperature here in FL might not scare you but be prepared to spend some time getting used to the humidity (and it's effects on your instruments). It's already summer here with high temps in low-mid 90's and it will be getting a bit warmer over the next 2 -3 months. The humidity however will be getting opressive to the unititiated. Just a word of warning. I hope to meet you and get to check out your Altman. Have a safe move!!

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL
    (just over the Howard Frankland Bridge from Tampa)

Cool, Len, we'll definitely get together once I'm settled in. We'll be moving in July, which I'm guessing will be a brutal initiation to the humidity!!
    Altman F5
    - Website
    - YouTube videos

Although it's a bit of a ways from Tampa bay, there are quite a few folks who come join our monthly "Just Jammin' " weekend in Arcadia, including the Bluegrass Parlor Band. Check us out at www.heartlandbluegrass.com. You can also email us at heartlandbluegrass@gmail.com.

Dave Cowles, President
    HBAF
    Striving for mediocrity and perpetually falling short.