Thread: the Loar - where can I see one?

Registered User LoneStarMandolin's Avatar

Default the Loar - where can I see one?

if you go to their website they list a ton of dealers, most of whom (at least in my area - Dallas, TX) don't have any in stock.

I would sure like to hold one before I buy one! who has been in a store and actually seen them hanging on the wall?
    that ain't no part of nothin'!

Default Re: the Loar - where can I see one?

These will be difficult to find. They are heavily back-ordered. Every one I get is pre-sold. I am just now filling orders from as far back as December (though this last batch caught up most of the back-orders).

You might have a slim chance at finding one this week. A small batch shipped out last week and should be arriving at the dealers any day.
    Robert Fear
    http://www.folkmusician.com

"Education is when you read the fine print; experience is what you get when you don't.
    " - Pete Seeger

I have several in my shop at the moment...LM600, LM700, and LM400 will be here in a day or so. They can be seen and possibly played, but not for long. They are in the process of being setup and ready for shipment to their new owners. I have not had any to hang on the wall because they have all been sold before we get them. I have one LM400 that is not spoken for, but I am not in any hurry to sell it. I want to have one around for a bit to just play and check out. If you want to see one you need to be there when they arrive for delivery to the customer or find someone who owns one and will let you play it. They produce them by hand...yes...actual hand built, and that takes time and they do not overproduce.

One of the things I have appreciated about "the Loar" is that they do not push production numbers at the sake of quality. They keep the production numbers reasonable so the quality of build can be there. This gives a very consistent product that makes us much happier as dealers and players. I have never had to question the product or its tone and quality. We can improve them with our setups but the product itself is solid and consistent. That makes it much easier to get excited about this product.
    Have a Great Day!
    Joe Vest

I've seen one out at Waco Vintage Instruments in Mansfield. It was a couple years ago though. Last time I was there, which was two weeks ago, I don't think there were any. I'd give them a call and see.