Thread: Grey Eagle Mandolins

Default Grey Eagle Mandolins

I just got a Grey Eagle mandolin and was just wondering if anyone else on here plays one, it is such a loud and clear awesome mandolin, it plays a like a dream and is great all over the neck, I am very excited about it as you can tell, thanks

Default Re: Grey Eagle Mandolins

K Bone who posts here occasionally has a Grey Eagle F. I've played it several times and yes, they project very well and have a very nice tone. I think it's a lot of mandoiln for the money. I know that Ray Legere plays them, I'm not sure if this is him but regardless it's a nice clip of someone playing a Grey Eagle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMYs_qyMaxQ
    Bill James
    www.axinc.net

two t's and one hyphen fatt-dad's Avatar

made right in Ashland, Virginia and yes, they are nice!

f-d
    ˇpapá gordo ain’t no madre flaca!

'20 A3, '30 L-1, '97 914, 2012 Cohen A5, 2012 Muth A5, '14 OM28A

thanks yall glad to see some folks on here have or have played them, I love mine, it gets better and better the more I play it, its a hoss and its brand new

Ole Hoosier Hillbilly Bluegrass Nut's Avatar

Hi Wade, I just found this post on here and I had to reply. I play Grey Eagle # 23 and it is a KILLER mandolin. I get nothing but great compliments about it. You are right, mine just keeps getting better and better. It was completed on 9/7/07.
    Last edited by Bluegrass Nut; Aug-11-2010 at 9:28pm. Reason: wrong finished date.

Ole Hoosier Hillbilly Bluegrass Nut's Avatar

Oh, I forgot to add that I also have Grey Eagle # 3. It looks like a Martin but sounds much much better then a Martin! What a GEETAR!

I played a Grey Eagle at Clifftop last week. Dot (never be able to spell her last name w/o looking it up) is building mandos with Skip and had it with her. This was the 2nd or 3rd that they'd done together. It was nice!

I have Grey Eagle #24 and it my Mando for life! Thanks Skip for doing what you do! Where ever you are