I have played 5-string banjo and guitar for a few years now, but last christmas I bought a 19-fret tenor banjo off of ebay and tuned it GDAE and just had the best time strumming and flatpickin it, so in April I started watching craigslist and I bought my first f-style mandolin a Morgan Monroe mms-3, perfect cond. with a pro setup plays so easy and sounds great for $250 with case, strap, and extra strings. Next came a Washburn F for $150 with case, strap, and like 6 packs of good strings (d'addario) I use it as my beater.
Then tonight I found an old made in Japan f-style Aria m700c with a hairline crack at heel for $275, it has good tone even with old dead strings. I have another post in setup and repair about stablizing the crack, hopefully I did pretty good money wise on it also.

So I have $675 in three F-style mandolins and I am having lots of fun making up melodies and strumming G,C, and D.

I have been a member since Dec 09 and just now posted 2 new threads, but I have been reading and learning on here since Dec and just would like to say Thanks!http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/im...andosmiley.gif