Thread: Anyone try the Hartke GT60 mini stack? (now discontinued)

Default Anyone try the Hartke GT60 mini stack? (now discontinued)

It's a two-channel 60-watt solid-state head with a tube pre-amp atop a 4x8 cabinet. I'm looking for something I can use for my guitar and future emando.

Anyone have any experience with it? I'm trying to save money on the amp so I can buy an emando and get into the game. Sounds like a good deal, though I'll have to try it out of course.

Default Re: Anyone try the Hartke GT60 mini stack? (now discontinued)

I'm sensing that not a lot of folks have played this amp.

Is there a "talent" knob? Christian McKee's Avatar

Seems like a good bet - Hartke is mosly known for their bass gear, AFAIK. I've never played either this head or this cab, but it's always worth looking for online reviews if you haven't. The first choice is, of course, to play it yourself if you have the option.

Christian
    Christian McKee

Member, The Big North Duo
    Musical Director, The Oregon Mandolin Orchestra

Right, I'm going to try it before I buy it, assuming the seller ever returns my email. The online reviews were quite positive and the price is good. I actually have a personal history with Hartke Systems, and you can email Larry Hartke directly and he'll respond -- though I'd rather not email him to say "I'm buying used equipment rather than your new stuff."

My son uses their famed Kickback 12 with his bass (which I bought for him). If I can see it and play it and it's halfway decent I'll grab it, but the guy has to return my email. In the mean time I was looking to have folks assess the overdrive capabilities. This gets me in the game so I can then buy a low-cost emando and get my feet wet already. I can upgrade later.