Thread: Cumberland Highlanders Show

Default Cumberland Highlanders Show

I watch this show on RFDTV ...I set the DVR and watch it when there is nothing on TV. I was curious if anyone out here has ever been in the audience of any of the tapings or at their festival. The music is always great and traditional and looks like a fun place to go. Some great pickers!

At times it seems like a Bill Monroe Cult...but that makes it fun to watch.

Default Re: Cumberland Highlanders Show

I've watched that show and it seems that alot of it is outtakes from the Jerusalem Ridge Festival and there are posts on the Cafe of people attending that and some even performing there.

We were at Jerusalen Ridge this year. It was one of the best festivals I've been to in a long time. Plenty of great music and lots of other fun.
    Have a Great Day!
    Joe Vest

Just send Doc Mercer a CD of your band and its easy to get on the program, if you want to work for little of nothing....He asked if my band would like to perform at the festival but what he wants to pay wouldn`t even cover gas money let alone motel rates....a lot of the bands perform when they are traveling to or from another gig which is a smart way to schedule the gigs....also a lot of them travel in an RV or big bus, we aren`t that lucky right now....I sold my motor home to get a mandolin....Willie