Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Acoustic Amps

Default Re: Acoustic Amps

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Goist View Post
    YES! Also, acoustic amplification (particularly stage amplification) is one of the most intricate and subjective equipment areas for stringed musicians. Everything in the chain has a substantial effect, and there is no way of telling how changing any one link in the chain will affect the overall sound. One top of these complexities is the fact that no two listeners hear the same thing...What sounds wonderful to me might sound awful to you (and vice versa).

As Shelby suggests, try as many gear combinations as you can, and settle on the one that sounds the best to you.
    SMARTLY said. I've always lived by the simple, yet most ignored fact, that shaping your own sound as you so like, THEN MIC EVERYTHING is the one and only tried and true measure of consistency in tone. But truth be told ? 99% of the musicians I ever met were as tone deaf as a stump. Seriuosly.
    Basic "BACK PORCH" picker. ( They don't allow me on the front porch).

2. The following members say thank you to RAGZDADDY for this post:

Another vote for the Fishman Loudbox range. I had several acoustic amps, including Marshall, Fender, AER and Roland models. Sold them all, kept the Fishman. Very powerful, small and light, with useable effects and EQ. I don't use amps on stage very often these days, but this one does the job really well when required. There are some nice touches, like control of FX on each individual channel, phantom power, and a separate control for the tweeter level. Nicely built too.
    Tim Mundy
    www.slipperyhill.co.uk
    2002 Gibson F5 Fern
    1920 Gibson A2
    2005 Gibson A5L
    Rigel A+ Deluxe Custom
    1926 Gibson TB1 Tenor Banjo
    1963 Epiphone TF28 Tenor Guitar
    Ovation MM868 Mandocello
    1987 Rob Armstrong Mandolinetto

Everything that mandotim says abut the Loudbox I have found to be true. I can play old-time or blue grass, or I can turn up the chorus and reverb and rock out. I used this box at farmers markets and have had a lot of power to spare.