Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Weber dream materialises

Okay, I'm with you fellas tburcham's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Weber dream materialises

Congrats Rod. I have the twin to the amber/honey loaner you have. I LOVE it! You're going to be a very happy guy!
    Tim Burcham
    Northfield Big Mon (Red Spruce/Red Maple)
    Gibson F-9 Custom
    1942 Strad-O-Lin
    1948-54 Gibson LG-3
    2011 Gibson J-45 True Vintage
    2017 Martin HD-28 VTS Custom Shop
    Bailey Mandolin Straps (NFI)
    Bell Arm-rests (NFI)

This is a nice shot.

Rod;

I decided to follow your lead and place an order for a custom Weber Yellowstone through Jon at MFG. Its a Honey-Tortoise Yellowstone, Red Spruce top, upgraded maple back and sides, gold hardware, black tuner buttons, 1"3/16 wide neck, and the Fern on the Headstock (just couldn't resist it). I've been in contact with Tony and Brett at the shop, and they've sent a few pics of the progress, which was very kind.

KD
    One day I'll stop all this crazy buyin', practicin', and playin'........course I'll be dead.......

Lover of Weber & Martin Rod_Neep's Avatar

Great!!! Jon at My Favorite Guitars is a really great guy! I just know that he will look after you every step of the way. I have now bought a total of 18 instruments from him! OK, "only" three mandolins.

Yes... it is really neat to get status reports and the in progress photos from the guys at Weber. When is yours due??

Cheers
    Rod
    ROD'S UK FEST - MAY 2010
    Event Web Pages: http://www.rod-neep.com/rodfest2010/
    UMGF Forum Discussion Page: http://theunofficialmartinguitarforu...om/topic/86246

Hello Rod;

Greetings from the state named after King Charles and the Town the named after Sir Walter ( I did pay attention at least two days of middle school history)....... Tony tells me that it will be done some time in early November, so technically it could not be considered a Christmas or Boxing Day present.......
    Jon has such a great reputation in the Guitar world......that along with your positive experience, and his know out quote......I just decided to work with him and Sharon.
    One day I'll stop all this crazy buyin', practicin', and playin'........course I'll be dead.......