Thread: Customer Service-What is typical?

Default Customer Service-What is typical?

I had a mandolin that was about 3 years old. Made by a USA, one man builder. I bought it used off of the classified, from the first owner, not the builder. It had a hump in the fret board and some frets were sticking up. What would most of you builders charged me, it you had been the builder, to fix the mandolin with your name on it? Thanks. Glenn Hurley

Default Re: Customer Service-What is typical?

The mandolin that he is asking about is a Bulldog "A", that he had bought used from another person. That other person had the mandolin well over a year, and he never had contact with me as to any issues with the mandolin. He had sold it to the aboved person, and he had had it for 6 months untill he decided he didnt like the action height or the neck profile. My Mandolin warranty is for "original owners" and I was more then reasonable to quote this guy a fair price to fix what he doesnt like . The new owner should have recieved an approval period from the seller. What kind of person would want to air this type of dirty laundry in a public forum? I still am willing to fix this mandolin, but not under warranty. Mandolin is extremely playable, with already low action, and it doesnt buzz.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Customer Service-What is typical?

This is really outside the Posting Guidelines. Specifically, the third point.

• Grievances, personal and corporate: The Cafe discussion board is intended to be a nurturing community. While it is fair game discussing vendor corporate policies, malevolent harassment of individual employees, including posting names, email address, or any other personal contact information will not be tolerated. For example, a concern about a manufacturer's warranty policy or a reseller's return policy is permissible. Using the board to malign or leverage personal advantage in a conflict is strictly forbidden. Though intent or motivation are not always provable, the moderators reserve full right in deeming whether or not comments made are consistent with policy, and may take action to edit, delete, or when necessary, revoke posting privileges.

This is a discussion best held off line for the parties involved.

Jamie
    There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second. Logan Pearsall Smith, 1865 - 1946

+ Give Blood, Save a Life +