Thread: Blank Chord Sheet

Amarillo, TX USA

Default Blank Chord Sheet

I thought you all might find a blank chord sheet useful.

When I'm not playing music, my "day job" is running a marketing/advertising/advertising agency in Amarillo. If there's something that would be of use to the group that I haven't thought of, please let me know, and I'll see if I can create/post it.

- Brad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blank_chord_sheet.pdf  
    Brad Kozak

Plymouth Meeting, PA

Default Re: Blank Chord Sheet

Can you put a single marker at the 5th fret instead of a double one?
    "I thought I knew a lot about music. Then you start digging and the deeper you go, the more there is."~John Mellencamp

"Theory only seems like rocket science when you don't know it. Once you understand it, it's more like plumbing!"~John McGann

"IT'S T-R-E-M-O-L-O, dangit!!"~Me

Westchester, NY

Ted Eschliman provides a chord grid on his site here.

Frankly I prefer ones without dots at all. That allows you to number the top fret and play in the upper positions. There is one here.

My Stream on Soundcloud

Playing lately:
    Ca. 1923 Washburn (L&H) Pro A -- Brentrup A4C -- 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin -- 1904 Embergher Type 3 -- 1937 Gibson L-Century -- 1939 Gibson L-00 -- ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo

tonight--Dublin, VA
    Blog Entries

I find using the "already made" chord charts have the same problem as using blank tab sheets made for mandolin-----you write the number over the line. That becomes a problem with my poor handwriting and old eyes. I can't read my own scribbling.

I just use regular staff paper and use the spaces for strings. For chords I just draw frets like they were bar lines. I find the "elementary" examples (for beginners and kids, I guess) have wider spaced lines and are easier to use.

It's also easier for me to read if I print the blank tab lines in red.

Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia

Thank You. This sheet has better resolution and is easier on the eyes than my MS Word version.