Thread: Good setup person in northern california

Just wondering if anybody had a recommendation for a good setup person in Northern California. I'm in Chico, but I make it down to Sacramento once a month, so that would be okay as well.

I'd just like to have someone go over my Fern and double check my setup. I moved the bridge back recently as it was sharp when fretting at the 12th fret. It's better now, but I'd like to have an expert give it the once over.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
    '08 Weber Fern 'Old Wood' Red Spruce

Our own Michael Lewis?
    ph

º º º º º º º º º º º º º º º
    Paul Hostetter, luthier
    Santa Cruz, California
    www.lutherie.net

Quote Originally Posted by (Paul Hostetter @ July 31 2008, 14:43)
    Our own Michael Lewis?
    Well, I had no idea he was up in GV. Checking his web site leads me to say "Wow!", beautiful F5!

I'll drop him a note and see if it's something he can assist me with.

Thanks!

Hey Sean, ya goin' to Strawberry this fall? Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to pick at pre-fest. Next time don't stand in the back, just stroll on in & have a seat, everyone's welcome in the grove.

I too would recommend Michael, he's near enough to ya to make it worthwhile, and a better guy in the area cannot be found, IMWO. He's also available to do set-ups & such at the fest, right convenient.

mandollusional Mike

Quote Originally Posted by (duuuude @ Aug. 01 2008, 11:31)
    Hey Sean, ya goin' to Strawberry this fall? Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to pick at pre-fest. Next time don't stand in the back, just stroll on in & have a seat, everyone's welcome in the grove.

I too would recommend Michael, he's near enough to ya to make it worthwhile, and a better guy in the area cannot be found, IMWO. He's also available to do set-ups & such at the fest, right convenient.
    Hey Mike, I most certainly will be at the 'Berry this fall. No worries about not picking together. Totally my fault as it was my first time in that kind of jam and I felt given my abilities it was good to observe and just keep some time. I'll be up on Tuesday for a short pre-fest and I'll look for you in the same area shortly after we arrive and mix a drink.

I'll shoot a message to Michael to see if he'll be at the 'Berry. Otherwise I'll wait until I make a trip to Bishop and drop it off on the way. Thanks for your input. See you in 24 days!

Good to hear you'll be up for pre-fest, we'll be 'round grove as usual, lookin' forward to seein' you & that Fern again. We can always be coerced into playin' something other than gypsy swing, especially if refreshments are involved.

Michael should have his regular booth in the meadow, talked to him about gettin' some fretwork done myself, mighty handy to just walk it down rather than worry about shipping or drivin' it over the hill.
    mandollusional Mike