Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas eve / merry christmas

Hey Merry Christms yall it's Christmas Eve finally! Hope everyone has a very happy Christmas. What a great community we have here. I can't go to a festival, workshop or jam with a Mandolin cafe sticker on my case and not run into a fellow Cafer.

I hope everyone wakes up tomorrow with a mandolin
    under the tree (or at least mandolin accessoriesw! LOL!)

I was hoping the resonator mandolin I bought off the Cafe Classifieds would come before Christmas but it looks like it's be after but it's all good.

Anybody traveling for Christmas or staying home? I am heading to the Outer Bank bright and early tommorrow morning to go see my folks where friends and family are meeting.

Merry Christmas yall!

Mele Kalikimaka Jim and Cafe'er's,

No mando, nor accessories under my tree, but music is in the air. Will travel today(short 90 min drive) to attend brother and sisters Eve party from whence we will troop to the church for an evening of carols. Sis in law and I will play the evening special " O Holy Night".

To all Joyeux Noel
    Harlan

Thumbs up

A very Merry and safe Christmas to all the Cafe'rs and their kin.

Hope Santa is good to you.

Epi.

No traveling for us this year. Last year we ventured to Colorado to be with my family and spent most of the time there waiting for the snow to melt so we could get out of the house. This year we're staying in Texas. The fact that I pulled stand by duty for the week of Christmas also put a halt on any travel plans. No mando under the tree, but I've hinted enough for a Collings that maybe the next time I see one at a good price I can talk my wife into it.
    Merry Christmas to all and here's wishing everyone a safe and happy New Year!
    "Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence."

Merry Christmas to all!

Staying home too. We have the family coming here (Kids, parents, siblings & their kids). Merry Christmas to All!
    MLT
    Oregon Mandolin Orchestra
    Classical Mandolin Society of America
    Labraid Cytole

Blog Entries

Happy Christmas to all
    A talent for trivializin' the momentous and complicatin' the obvious.

The entire staff
    funny....

Merry Christmas!

Blog Entries

I hopoe all of your families are blessed. Also, I hope all of your mandolin wishes are fulfilled. My wife, daughter and I did presents at our house today before hitting the road to see relatives, and one of my gifts was the David Grisman Bluegrass Experience. It's a pretty cool CD!
    Hamlett Two-Point
    Eastman MD805
    Schertler DYN-M + Yellow
    http://www.youtube.com/ktbriggs
    https://www.facebook.com/kevin.briggs.1213

Blog Entries

Merry Christmas from on the road, visiting family around the Great Lakes.
    Jason Anderson

"...while a great mandolin is a wonderful treat, I would venture to say that there is always more each of us can do with the tools we have available at hand. The biggest limiting factors belong to us not the instruments." Paul Glasse

Stumbling Towards Competence

Back at you jim-n-virgina and to all ... Happy & Safe Holidays.
    I Pick, Therefore I Grin! ... "Good Music Any OLD-TIME"

1922 Gibson F2
    2006 Gibson F5 Goldrush
    2015 Martin HD28-V
    2017 Gibson J45

Staying home this Christmas (as usual) here in Tyler, TX. We are trying to make a Christmas tradition of NOT visiting our families each Christmas (hers is in CA and mine in SC). We want to make Christmas a "Home" holiday.

Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Todd
    Protector of cultural resources on Texas State Parks.

We are hosting this year, so no travel is involved -- but lots of cooking (e.g., I am typing while watching a pot of Minestrone that we will be having for lunch tomorrow, then I will need to get started on dinner for tonight).

So far there are no mandolin-shaped-objects under the tree, and the auction for the flying V emando that I told my wife I wanted closed without any bidders -- but there are several other mandolins and related accessories I had on my wish list this year, so I am not giving up hope.

At any rate, holiday gatherings are all about family and friends, so a gift like a new mando in not the feast, but just a rich dessert that I hopefully will have room for. #That said, I hope you all had/have a wonderul Hanukkah, merry Christmas, great Boxing Day, killer Kwanzaa, bountiful Winter Solstice, or just a generally pleasant non-denominational holiday period; and here's hoping for a peaceful New Year for us all.

"The problem with quotes on the internet, is everybody has one, and most of them are wrong."
    ~ Mark Twain

Mandolin shirts, hats, case stickers, & more at my Zazzle storefront

Staying home, I'd rather be here and relax. I just got back from 4 wheeling in the snow with the wife and kids. Gonna cook up a big turkey tomorrow. The wife got me a Bluestar emando so I got a new toy to play with. I hope that everyone here has a great day whether home or away and thanks for company, information and support.
    PJ
    Stanley V5

It was a nice day here on December 24th in Tokyo.

Nothing beats celebrating Christmas with a mandolin and some good friends to jam with, eh?!

Have a very merry Christmas you and your families!

Rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MARC_ROB_DEC24th_07.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	144.0 KB 
ID:	28511  
    Eastman 515
    Lafferty Octave Mandolin
    Epiphone Mandobird
    music is the poetry of the air

Staying home again this year; my husband is still recovering and in a wheelchair and my folks do not have "handicapped accessible" places, not to mention he doesn't get around well in snow. But it's very peaceful here at home in Yellow Springs,OH. I will be playing my violin at a church here in town in their folk ensemble and counting my blessings. Merry Christmas, or whatever to all---Best wishes for 2008 for everyone, especially Butch B. and DeWalt Mix.
    "There are two refuges from the miseries of life--music and cats" Albert Schweitzer

Merry Christmas, all.

Staying home tonight but have to visit the inlaws tomorrow. had fun playing Saturday for about six hours in two different sessions hope to do the same next Saturday and New Years Eve having a Jam session planned.
    Hope every one on the Cafe has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Dan
    four guitars, a fiddle and a Eastman 615 Mandolin, a dobro and a old Kay Bass
    For free guitar, banjo, mandolin and fiddle lessons go to
    www.musicmoose.org

Staying home, but doing a lot, mando-wise. Had a lesson with Curtis Buckhannon today. We played Christmas tunes, drank ginger tea and laughed a lot. I played a Christmas concert at church this Christmas Eve and then provided music for the Vigil Mass that followed. Christmas morning, I will play with another group at another parish and then we will have brunch and the present opening at home with our two young-adult daughters. I am very blessed and I wish blessings on everyone here. Merry Christmas and/or Season's Greetings to all!

MY Dhristmas present was an Eastman 805 but was not under the tree. It arrived about three weeks ago. We live on an Island and the ferry company called to let us know that a package was there. I answered the phone and went to get the package. My wife thought that 24 hours was enough to wait to open the voodooed package from Giannn's violins. I have played it now for a few weeks and it has opned up quite nicely. Its a wonderful life. Its a wonderful wife. Merry christmas.
    Wisdom shared is wisdom doubled

Eastman 805
    12 string 20's mandolin
    Kentucky ???

Went to friend's house, across town, after food, we put the 'Life of Brian'
    in the DVD player.
    writing about music
    is like dancing,
    about architecture

Registered User steve V. johnson's Avatar

Many, many thanks to you all. #I love your company, your generous sharing of information, your good humor, cleverness and creativity. #I wish I could hear you -all- play!

Happiest of holidays to all, and may 2008 bring kind, compassionate, prosperous and musical days to you.

We're at home. #Son Mike and grandbaby Kalynn (19 months old) left earlier today and our Culchies fiddle partner T.J. Hull
    arrived with his s.o. Amanda, and brought a bunch of his home brews (the first two were a lovely multi-hopped ale and an IPA) and some great fun foods from Wisconsin, including a beautiful kringle from the Danish bakery some Usinger's sausages and (of course!) some nice cheeses. # #Min made a light dinner of a tomato soup and sandwiches, and Genny Williamson (mandolin/button accordion) came over, too.

So the tunes commenced with TJ on his new Fylde Touchstone octave mandolin, Genny on mandolin, Min on bodhrán and me
    on guitar. #Genny didn't bring her Petersen Level 2 octave mando, but even so we had a great array of instruments, with the mando family very well represented: #Crump B-II bouzouki, Fylde octave mando, Brian Dean octave mando, Chris Baird Arches Flat-Top walnut mandolin, Santa Cruz OM PW guitar, Rigel A+ Deluxe mandolin, Castagnari button accordion, 250-year-old fiddle, Norbert Eckermann bodhrán, bones, and various pennywhistles. # #Some great sets came from all that stuff, too.

On Weds. we'll join Genny and Brian Hart (concertina, whistle, button accordion, voice, of the band Gan Bua), and we hope fiddler Tom Sparks, too, for a bit of a 'brunch session' before TJ and Amanda have to scoot on back northward for some private party gigs. #

And on Sunday we'll play in a session at the Ri Ra pub in Evansville, Indiana, with our good friends there. #Mmmmmboy. #All good stuff.

Play well, be well, be kind.

All the best,

stv

steve V. johnson

Culchies
    http://cdbaby.com/Culchies
    The Lopers
    Ghosts Like Me
    http://cdbaby.com/Lopers1
    There Was A Time
    http://cdbaby.com/Lopers2

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to one and all in the Cafe' world.....:-)
    Turned 50 last week........huge surprise party organized by my wife with family being flown in from Canada and around the US.
    Now Christmas with my wife's clan tomorrow then charge forward to the New Year.
    It is always a bit of a hectic time for our family at this time of year but loads of fun.
    Will definitely get the mando out tomorrow for sime music enjoyment.
    Peace,
    Jim
    Jim Ferguson

once upon a time, drmole Joel Spaulding's Avatar
    not too far from Rosine; formerly and always a Yankee Highlander from Vermont

Merry Christmas to All!!
    Am at work now - pretty slow night for a clinical pharmacist - So we will be staying home for the holiday. We are blessed to have Christmas with our 1st child 11 week-old(TODAY) Gabrielle. Grampa, Grandma and my baby sister(23, but still a baby to me) have come from Vermont to share a Christmas in Kentucky. Next year we will head north so my daughter can experience a white Christmas. Well, at least a cold Christmas

Will be bringing a Mando or two to my in-laws in Green county. I hope they will consider Jesu, Joy of a Man's Desiring as Christmas music- otherwise they will have to suffer through my faking of whatever is requested.

Peace and happiness to all here - even to those who play the dreaded b*nj# #

BTW, Mandroid- Life of Brian- can you get any more Christmas ?? One of my absolute favorites- Enjoy!