Thread: Mandolin murder mystery

50355 Snowy Creek Way, Coarsegold, Ca 93614

As an avid murder mystery reader,I was surprised while reading Jonathan Kellerman's "Music City Breakdown:Nashville" that one of the sub=plots involves a 1924 Gibson Lloyd Loar F-5. Kellerman obviously has some musical background. Check it out.

I have read several of his wife's books but am just now reading one of his, as time permits. I will have to check that one out.
    The Old Sarge

7000 ft up in the High Sierra east of Porterville.

Where pray tell may one find this book? I drew a blank on Amazon.

John

Boy, is this embarrassing. I mentioned I was reading a Jonathan Kellerman book as time permits. It is actually a "double" book (two novellas, at the price it should be more than that but I'm old and remember fifty cent paperbacks). The title is "Capital Crimes" and the first is My Sister's Keeper and the second is Music City Breakdown. It seems to be a collaboration between Jonathan and Faye Kellerman. I should have realized that when the OP posted.
    The Old Sarge

Jonathan kellerman is an avid guitar and vintage instrument collector. I know have have read this somewhere, but this will suffice (from an online interview -- not much more there_:

Quote Originally Posted by
    Question from JERRY: Hi Jonathan: I've read you are an avid collector of guitars. What is your most treasured guitar in your collection?

Jonathan Kellerman: It's kind of like asking me to choose among my children. I've been playing and collecting for many years, 45, 46 years, and I have many that I love. Right now, I've been concentrating on classical, because it takes a lot of training and discipline, and I always like to test myself, and one of my favorites, that I really love, is a classical guitar built by a Spanish builder named Fleta -- well known very rare and wonderful guitars. But I have so many -- I play electric guitar, jazz, Hawaiian...almost anything.
    From another interview:
    Quote Originally Posted by
    BookpgJL: What do you like to play on the guitar? Do you sing?

JKellerman: I'm an old picker --- and I do mean old --- pre-Beatles. I used to teach guitar, played in a band. I play rock, jazz, pop, just about anything other than heavy-duty classical. I also have a pretty maniacal guitar collection. This has been a lifelong passion. I used to sing. I won't comment on the quality of my baritone but let's just say no record companies have been knocking on my door.
    And evidently, Weissenborns are one of his obsessions.

Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1