Thread: Easthampton, ma. bg open  mic 1st  thurs/month

Hi Pioneer Valley folks. We are starting up the open mic again at a new location on Cottage St. (Rt. 141) in Easthampton Ma. We enjoyed our time at Treydon's Bar and Grill last year but felt a different room would be better suited for listening and playing enjoyment. We will be at The Brass Cat on Cottage St. also called Rt. 141 just down the street from Lucchesi Vintage Instruments. There is a municipal parking lot just two doors up from the Cat. We will have a stage this time out and be starting earlier. The sign ups start at about 7 pm and the music kicks off at 7:30. I hope to see everyone there on November 2, the first Thursday of the month and on each following first Thursday to follow. Bluegrass performance only please. We will be happy to mix and match participants so everyone gets a chance to play. Come alone or bring the whole band. See yo soon-Joe
    There's a big rock in the road...

Thursday is the very first Thursday of December!!! That can only mean a great open mic at the Brass Cat on Cottage St. (Rt. 141) in Easthampton Massachusetts just a few miles north of Springfield off I-91. Special guests are expected and hopefully everyone can take home an exciting story of bluegrass pickery!- Hope to see you there!-Joe

Well the second edition of the Brass Cat Bluegrass open mic went very well. We had a very special guest show up in the person of Leigh Gibson. I had a great time playing a set with him and my good friend Keith hilliard from Lowell Ma. The Gibson Brothers are one of my favorite acts in Bluegrass today and it was a great treat to have Leigh stop by. If you missed this months jam( and I know many of you did ) put January 4th on your calander and see who might show up then! -Joe

Hey, tomorrow night at the Cat... see you there, maybe it'll be you we talk about as our special guest! Happy and peaceful new year to all...-Joe

Hey, BlueGT you told me nobody responds to your post, Thursday at the Brass Cat. Well here am I, I think Frank and yourself deserve a tremendous thank you! from eveyone who plays and goes to listen. I totally enjoyed being on stage with you for I believe you have a tremendous voice and you are truly a great person. keep up the great work and see ya soon.

Thanks, that is a very nice compliment. I hope next month goes as well. Maybe if we could somehow get a banjo player to show up we could really make some noise. Thanks for your support at the Cat as well as all around town getting bluegrass out there on a regular basis. -Cheers!

I believe our banjo will be there for April's date. Even if I have to drive him there from Boston!