Thread: Tabs for Maggie May?

Does anyone have tabs for this? I can't find it. My mom has heard a version with mandolin and loves the song. I definitely won't be able to get it down by mother's day, but maybe I can get some fraction at half-speed.
    It's "Appalachia," (Apple-at-chuh), like I'm gunna throw an apple atcha' if you correct me again.

I hope this works for you and yer Ma....
    http://www.guitaretab.com/s/stewart-rod/18404.htm

or this one looks interesting too

http://www.guitartabs.cc/fetchur....ed.html

Now I don't wantcha to waste a perfectly good apple but...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Joe

Nik-chick,

Staramouche has posted links to the chords, and here's tab for the solo at the end. I hope this helps! To get it to line up properly, cut and paste it into a document and change to font to courier.

Cheers,

Simon

e---------------------0---2---3----|
    a-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5----------------|
    d----------------------------------|
    g----------------------------------|

e-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5---3---2---0----|
    a----------------------------------|

e-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3-2---0-0-0----|
    a----------------------------------|

e----------------------------------|
    a-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-0---2----|

Thanks ya'll! Being a straight female, I don't think I want to sing it, but thanks for the chords anyhow. Esp thanks for the solo.

Next problem is that I USED to be able to read tab (for a couple instruments infact). However, since I work 100% from standard notation, part of it has slipped my mind. How do I tell the time signiture and note values from that? If I had to guess on that first line I'm looking at two measures, including three triplets and three single notes in 3/4. Either that or I'm looking at one measure in 6/8 time...but guessing is a bad thing. So what is it really?

It's "Appalachia," (Apple-at-chuh), like I'm gunna throw an apple atcha' if you correct me again.

Do you think there will ever be a Rod Stewart singnature model mandolin?
    I never wanted them all, Just the ones I wanted.....

Nik,

Due to the alignment of the tab, it looks a bit confusing, but I think you already figured out that the first E in the first line of tab comes after the last D on the 2nd string. And that's 4 sets of triplets, in 4/4 time.

Kelly

Four sets of tripplets? Okay so it doesn't mean anything that those last ones are spaced farther apart?

BTW, Kelly, did you know that that's a girl's name? *j/k* Actually, the only Kelly I know offline is also male. (I do know that Nik is a boy's name. *L* Unless, of course, it's short for Nikki.) I'm jess messin'. As long as there's not a man named Sophia or woman named Butch, I think we're okay.

I just went to find the exact address & "page cannot be displayed" but alltabs.com has a recent Maggie May in tabledit format (you need to download the free viewing software). It's only the solo. BTW, I recently bought a R. Stewart compilation at tOW!er records because they didn't have "every picture tells a story" and it sounds to me like a remix with the mandolin buried and maybe even recorded on top of a little bit. Maybe cause he's getting sued by the original mando player on the song he, or the record company (more likely) are trying to minimize the importance of his contribution to the song for--you guessed it--legal/money reasons. If anyone knows for sure or has an original or older version of that cd so they can compare I'd love to know for sure. Enywho, alltabs.com is a GREAT resource for a LOT of songs.

Wow, the chord progressions of those two versions are so different.

I was going to post the tab above in a non-proportional font so the alignment would work, but I can't figure out how to do it on this forum. #On other forums if you preceed the tab with [tt] and follow it with [/tt] it will come out aligned properly.

Anyway if someone else can't post the tab with proper alignment, you can copy the tab into Word and highlight the tab and select COURIER as the font and it will come out aligned.

Default Re: Tabs for Maggie May?

Not the tabs, but a video on the Utube that shows the mandolin solo, so you can hear and see how it was played:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2CQ0FvAZuw