Thread: Sheet music

Could any one assist me in my search for this piece.
    Greatly appreciate any info.

Hi La Unta,

You can find it at the Jiro Nakano Collection . A fine Japanese library with lots of mandolin music scores. It is very easy to become a member of this wonderful #archive (it does not cost you any money, you only have to fill in some mandolin related questions) and you will find lots of mandolin chamber and orchestra music. Besides duets with guitar etc. there is also mandolin solo music among which there are the Calace Preludes.

Here is the website link to the collection:

Jiro Nakano Collection

I am sure you'll find Raffaele Calace's Xth Prelude. The one that was attributed to
    the great Belgian mandolinist Frans De Groodt.
    For free and downloadable!

Success!

Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by (Alex @ Dec. 31 2006, 16:49)
    I am sure you'll find Raffaele Calace's Xth Prelude. The one that was attributed to
    the great Belgian mandolinist Frans De Groodt.
    For free and downloadable!
    Yes, it is there. Be aware that the quality of some of these scans is pretty dicey tho at times. You may have to look to other sources if this is not usable. Trekel in Germany might have it.

Jim
    Jim

My Stream on Soundcloud
    Facebook
    19th Century Tunes
    Playing lately:
    1924 Gibson A4 - 2018 Campanella A-5 - 2007 Brentrup A4C - 1915 Frank Merwin Ashley violin - Huss & Dalton DS - 1923 Gibson A2 black snakehead - '83 Flatiron A5-2 - 1939 Gibson L-00 - 1936 Epiphone Deluxe - 1928 Gibson L-5 - ca. 1890s Fairbanks Senator Banjo - ca. 1923 Vega Style M tenor banjo - ca. 1920 Weymann Style 25 Mandolin-Banjo - National RM-1

Alex, Jim
    Thank you so much for your info, the Nakano collection is an unbelievable source. I was able to find just about everything I was looking for and so much more.
    Mille Grazie, e Buon Anno!

You can also purchase the sheet music to any of Calace's compositions directly from the Calace shop in Naples.

Don't expect the Calace shop to answer emails. I'm still waiting for a reply; three years and counting. I believe they respond to fax. Depending on your location and lingual capability, telephone might also work.

I've ordered sheet music from Calace in the past, but only by FAX to which they respond very quickly. If only somebody would teach Raffaele Jr. to use e-mail...

I've ordered music from Calace by fax before, but my last order in March 2005 was by e-mail.
    I sent my mail to racalace@tin.it and it was Annamaria Calace who answered me within 2 days. Five days later I got another mail to let me know that the music had been sent and also their bank details.
    So in my case it all went pretty straight forward, but maybe the fact that I live in Europe and the communication being in Italian could have made things easier.