Thread: Chicago area choro

I'll be playing with Brazilian guitarist and long time Chicago resident Paulinho Garcia and the fabulous flautista and choro expert Dr. Julie Koidin in an evening of choros at Sotto Jazz Club this Friday May 18, 7:30 PM to midnight.

Sotto is in the basement of La Piazza Cafe: 410 Circle Avenue, Forest Park IL --west of downtown Chicago. 708.366.4010 ( http://www.piazzacafe.com/)
    If you're nearby please stop in. The food is great. The ambience is nice in the cozy club and hey, you might enjoy the music too. If any cafe-ers do attend please say hi!
    --Linda

Full Grown and Cussin' brunello97's Avatar

Linda,
    Thanks for the notice. I'd enjoy a few visits to Chicago this summer and hearing your conjunto. Will you be playing more often at Sotto? The website schedule is only up to April. As much advance notice will help us bridge and tunnel people....
    Mick
    Ever tried, ever failed? No matter. Try again, fail again. Fail better.--Samuel Beckett

'05 Cuisinart Toaster
    '93 Chuck Taylor lowtops
    '12 Stetson Open Road
    '06 Bialetti expresso maker
    '14 Irish Linen Ramon Puig

Hi Mick,
    I'm never sure when I'll be at Sotto next...whenever Paulinho asks me! #I've played there several times...six or seven? I always look forward to it. #Paulinho is there every Friday and plays Brazilian music in a duo or trio with a great variety of people -- harmonica player Howard Levy, singer Grazynya Auguscick, sax player Greg Fishman ect. #He keeps things interesting! #I'll let you know if and when I'm on the schedule again. #I do know I'll be playing in Chicago with Orquestra de Samba at the Hot House on July 11th and that concert will include some choros. #I'm hoping to cross the lake myself this summer and get my family to Michigan for those amazing sand dunes. I never knew there was a bridge or a tunnel. #I've been trying to build a raft out of zebra mussel shells. #
    --Linda