Thread: Bouzouki chords

I'm quite new on the bouzouki but have played mandolin for a long time. After trying GDAD I tuned the zouk to GCGC (as opposed to ADAD because I sing a lot in the key of C) and I'm trying to use Han Speeks's chord chart for ADAD (just counting one note down). I'm having some problems with it though, many chords just don't make any sense and I don't find all of them that actually sound right. There are lots of chords on the charts that don't sound at all like the actual chord and I'm getting confused. Right now I'm almost thinking of tuning to GDAE instead, it's just that I like that modal sound so much.
    I play some slow songs, hymns and Swedish folk songs, with some odd chords in them, so I get in trouble when I use the capo, because I need one of the chords that would be easy without the capo...
    On the chart, there's supposed to be a B chord on the 4th fret if you're tuned ADAD, so if I put my capo on the second fret, I should have a B on the 6th fret. But it doesn't sound like a B, it sounds like a C.

Can anyone help? The chords I'm looking for right now are B, B7, C and B minor.

And, I'm no virtuoso in music theory, I've never studied it. I know a few things, that's all. I'm just one who can play some notes that sound nice together, but I can't explain (or understand) anything theoretically.

I'm not sure exactly what chord fingering you're talking about but if it's normally a B at the 4th fret with no capo and then you capo at the second fret, and play with the same fingering, you should expect a C#. If you capo at 2 and still want a B then you would play at the second fret (still 4th from the nut). Hope this doesn't confuse you further.